• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(794771)

Recruit
1 Badges
Aug 26, 2013
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
Mac OS X Version 10.5.8
Processor 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 2 GB

I just purchased the game and have tried to start it many times. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and deleting a file called .DS_store but as it turns out I didn't even have that file. I read this would help on another forum.

Error is "The application knightspp quit unexpectedly."

Report is
Code:
Process:         Pen and Paper [699]
Path:            /Users/evergreen/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Knights of Pen and Paper/knightspp.app/Contents/MacOS/Pen and Paper
Identifier:      unity.Behold Studios.Pen and Paper
Version:         ??? (???)
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [86]

Interval Since Last Report:          4359 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           7
Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  0 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   5

Date/Time:       2013-08-26 15:54:34.067 -0400
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Report Version:  6
Anonymous UUID:  317D979C-3C21-4E79-95FA-8945932E599F

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: __NSConcreteGlobalBlock
  Referenced from: /Users/evergreen/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Knights of Pen and Paper/knightspp.app/Contents/MacOS/Pen and Paper
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

I searched for the Unity player.log but could not find one.

Steam provides my proof of purchase saying to copy it to the clipboard and I will need it when the game starts. I copy it and say to start the game. That box disappears, my bar makes room for a new icon like it does when I start something new, then that empty space goes away and I get a box with the error message that it unexpectedly quit. I have tried telling it to try again but it just goes through the same process a second time then offers to reset the game and try again. I've tried resetting the game and trying again. The exact same process occurs so I would say right away, more or less.

Honestly I have no idea why this happens. I'll check with the programmers and see if they have any idea, but this might be tricky since it crashes before the game even starts up.

Check around regarding this. This seems to be a bug with Unity specific to Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a). Not sure how much we can do about it. Hopefully Unity can fix this with upcoming versions of the engine.