• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

beau leebertad

Recruit
7 Badges
Dec 1, 2023
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
HELP PLEASE!!!
Closes right after launch. (But the background music starts playing). Clean reinstallation, updated launcher, all mods delete, last version OS

text of error:
[string "common/defines/._00_dummy.lua"]:1: unexpected symbol - no script source to reload

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2023-12-02 в 00.18.28.png
    Снимок экрана 2023-12-02 в 00.18.28.png
    77,8 KB · Views: 0
No real idea what could cause that. Any mods involved?

Was your clean reinstall like this?

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-EU4
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Europa Universalis IV AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV folders - In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam EU4 or Documents EU4 locations, before installing again.
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- start the game with no mods active and test

**File Locations on Mac OS X**
The executable and DLC folder are in Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Europa Universalis IV/
To see it go to the Finder, hit command-shift-G (ie Go To) and type in ~/Library/ .
The user files (settings.txt, error logs, saved games, gfx, mods) are in /Users/USER/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/ .

The problem was solved by reinstalling to another disk. I guess the problem is with my SSD. Another thing is that when I tried to reinstall on the problematic disk, a process in the UVFSService system started, which overloaded the processor. When I finished this process, for some reason the disk disappeared from system visibility and finder

Hmmm. You might try a Disk First Aid from the Disk Utility in MaOS.