• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Artayn

Recruit
5 Badges
Sep 29, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
Hi, I recently changed my video card and since then I notice that my fps are really low: 25 fps on average at game speed 3 (my cpu is intel i7-10700k, the gpu is amd Radeon Rx6800 and I have 32 gb of ram).
I have already tried several solutions together with Paradox support but after nothing worked they advised me to write directly here. I hope to find a solution to fully enjoy the game!

Any fps of 20 or more ought to be adequate for a non-acton game like this. Stuttering however is a problem of course.

Right click on eu4.exe , properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullScreen optimisations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply and exit.

Edit that settings.txt to say:

refreshRate=60
fullScreen=yes
borderless=no

vsync=no

Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode.

IF that doesn't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log .

hi, these are the files you asked me for some time ago o_O. I hope they can help find a solution.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    97,3 KB · Views: 0
  • settings.txt
    2,6 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    6,1 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    15,7 MB · Views: 0
Looking at that error log, either your game installation is corrupted or you are using mods that have a problem. Are there any mods involved here?

Are you getting this in every campaign you play, or just one or some particular ones?

Is it right from the start of a new campaign in 1444? Or only in middle or late game play?

Yes, i m using a mod right now, but I have carried out various tests and it occurs even without mods

In every campaing i play, but it becomes accentuated during the late game.

At the start the situation is better, it becomes unplayable in the mid-late game

There can be an issue like this when the campaign advances if there is, for instance, a huge empire over a large part of the map, and it has a large revolt or a world war - the game just cannot cope with that many units on the map at once.

I assume that is not happening in every campaign you play though. If not I don't know why this is affecting you in particular. It is interesting that you connect it with a change in your video hardware; do you have the old card stilltop swap back, as a test?

And, you could try this: make a new Windows user, log into Windows with that. Go into Startup Apps and disable everything, and reboot. Log into that new user again, do you still get this problem?