• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RMan89

Sergeant
18 Badges
Sep 17, 2019
www.youtube.com
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
Hello everyone,
I'm currently working on a mod which expands the economy in a similar fashion to Planetfall's exploitation mechanic. I've got it already planned out and I'm somewhat more than halfway through, but one thing that I'll surely struggle with are icons, since I lack the required hardware and experience with graphic tools. I believe it would take quite some time before I learn how to use them, and more importantly to create icons of required quality, and I'd like to release a well made mod. So want to ask if someone would be willing to help me one the matter?

Hey Artfactial, thank you very much for your reply :) In the current iteration (the third I'm working on) I'd need somewhat above 100 icons, however plenty of them are variants f. e. 4 types of terrain gold exploitation (or 2 types of fertile plains expl. depending on how you put them). I'd like give you more specifics, but today I left my PC in a shop to have it repaired and I suppose it would take a while before I have it back since it's also waiting for an upgrade.

Hello, I think that you could release a beta version of your mod, without those eyecatching icons. If it is deemed of special interest, perhaps then you'll have greater chances that graphic modders are more willing to spend time on it. (Sadly, I'm not one of them!)

Do you intend to kind of copy the economic bonus, cities build in plains had back to AoW2. I mean, if you are surrounded by mountains or a forest, you have less crop fields around your city and gold income is less. I think I remember it was the first non-city ring of hexes, but it could be larger.

Hello Rodnar, that is my intent rights now, to release it and hope that someone takes interest in it.

My intent is to create a terrain economy system similar in a way to the one in Planetfall. Each terrain and climate type will have 2 corresponding resources and you'll have to choose which and how to exploit. In order to reduce overflow you'll be limited to 1 upgrade per tier, so you'll need to analyze the city's surrounding on how to exploit them in the most benefiting way. Besides that mana will be handled in a seperate matter and it'll be tied to mana nodes and their compatibility to the terrain.