Locked in a war i can't get out off... But then i got worse...

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Private
88 Badges
Feb 26, 2015
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Semper Fi
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
20201022084406_1.jpg
After creating the kingdom of Portugal and getting the prtugese culture, i don't want it be you get it, but i am in this war that i did not choose. Thise mean i can't shwap back to my catalan culture so i lost close to all tech and are bleeding money. I can't swap back as i am in a way. This was is for the Duchy of Julich but as this shows.
20201022084414_1.jpg
That duchy is not in the war, so no war goal to take... But then it got worse
20201022084746_1.jpg

[/SPOIER]
As this shows a crusade starts and i am now fighting the crusade together with my enemy and know i can't even sige or fight him anymore. So know i am completly fucked. What the fuck shoud i do?

Reactions:
This was is for the Duchy of Julich but as this shows.
<image> That duchy is not in the war, so no war goal to take..
The war is to take land in the ducy of Julich, not for the title (which isn't created, as you show).

You don't mention what your part in this war is - are you Burgundy?

Since you don't seem to actually possess lands in the Duchy of Jülich, have you tried simply surrendering in that war? After all, you've got nothing to lose, right?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Since you don't seem to actually possess lands in the Duchy of Jülich, have you tried simply surrendering in that war? After all, you've got nothing to lose, right?

I am in as a ally of one of the participants. so i can't, not sure how as i am not allied with the the guy i am helping.

I know, but as you can see, that land is not owend by anyone in the war. So the war is to take land in a duchy that non of the particitpants own.
Ah, yes. I see that now. If you click the "Enforce demands" in the war-overview you can see what the war goals really are (which counties etc.) What does it say there?

Must be two bugs after another: first you've inherited a war from someone that makes no sense, and then the crusade didn't automatically end that war. Really sucks! I'd post it in the bug report forum with a savegame so the devs can take a look.

Reactions:
Must be two bugs after another: first you've inherited a war from someone that makes no sense, and then the crusade didn't automatically end that war. Really sucks! I'd post it in the bug report forum with a savegame so the devs can take a look.

Yea, and it's an Ironman and i only need 5 or 6 countrys to complete the riconcista starting as the duke of Barcelona.

Well, as an emergency solution you can just kill the claimant for whom the war is being fought: that should end the war.

I don't think that works in this case. Check the first picture it's the "Frisian claim ...".

In my crusader states game I tried to stop a war a vassal was fighting for their claims in Denmark, and killing her just continued the war, because it was the "Homs claim ..." rather than being in her name.

Not sure what exactly causes the difference, I guess it happens if it's a personal claim of the ruler, which of course gets passed on to their heir as it's a pressed claim.

The Duchy of Jülich does not currently exist in your game, but it must have existed previously at some point, as it shows that there are 13 claimants to the title. That there are so many claimants indicates that the duchy existed until recently. You can confirm this by opening the title history tab.

What might have happened is that the Frisian duke declared war for a title at that moment held by the Duke of Jülich, but the duchy title was then somehow destroyed (again, the history tab may shed light on this) and the contested title was then inherited by someone else. Therefore the war no longer involves the Duchy of Jülich, but the name of the war was not updated by the game to reflect that change.

Maybe it will become more clear if you look at past holders of the title of Duke of Jülich as well as past holders of the counties of Groningen and Holland, which are likely candidates for the titles being actually contested in this war.

Another possibility I could think of is that the Duchy of Jülich used to be part of Burgundy. The Duke of Frisia then declared a war for it on the King of Burgundy. But the duchy was then conquered by Lotharingia and the Frisian war then somehow failed to update and switch to the King of Lotharingia as target instead.

The Crusade situation is unfortunate but is working as intended. You won't be able to fight fellow Crusaders until the Crusade is done.

Reactions:
The Duchy of Jülich does not currently exist in your game, but it must have existed previously at some point, as it shows that there are 13 claimants to the title. That there are so many claimants indicates that the duchy existed until recently. You can confirm this by opening the title history tab.

What might have happened is that the Frisian duke declared war for a title at that moment held by the Duke of Jülich, but the duchy title was then somehow destroyed (again, the history tab may shed light on this) and the contested title was then inherited by someone else. Therefore the war no longer involves the Duchy of Jülich, but the name of the war was not updated by the game to reflect that change.

... and there is a 57% warscore coming from something being occupied. I think you can mouse over that to see what possession(s) being occupied is part of the 57%.

If nothing else, occupy all counties that are red in your war overview screen and keep killing enemy armies until you hit 100% war score. If that isn't enough, it'll at least get you close and then you can just wait for the war score ticking to bring it up to 100%, which shouldn't take too long by that point. It's a hassle, but without seeing the game itself, it's the best option I can suggest. You can also look for any burning CoAs and take those counties first in hopes of capturing the ruler(s) involved and ending it more quickly.

And it would be worthwhile to mouse over each of those scores (battles are at 0%, but the others should give you details that can help you).

If nothing else, occupy all counties that are red in your war overview screen and keep killing enemy armies until you hit 100% war score. If that isn't enough, it'll at least get you close and then you can just wait for the war score ticking to bring it up to 100%, which shouldn't take too long by that point. It's a hassle, but without seeing the game itself, it's the best option I can suggest. You can also look for any burning CoAs and take those counties first in hopes of capturing the ruler(s) involved and ending it more quickly.

And it would be worthwhile to mouse over each of those scores (battles are at 0%, but the others should give you details that can help you).

Well that was my plan, but now that the crusade has started, i am allied with the enemy in the first war. So i can't sige or fight him. No way for me to gain any war score. There is also the ticking warscore if his favor.

Ah, I missed that about the crusade. Well, it isn't your war, so let it resolve itself even as a loss with the ticking war score. Hopefully it won't take too long.

I'm sure there's a song in here...

La la da da da da, la da da
La da da da, la da da da, la da da da
I was gonna clean my realm until I got worse
Locked in a war I can't get out of but then I got worse
My realm is still messed up and I know why (why, man?)
Yeah, hey
'Cause I got worse
Because I got worse
Because I got worse

La da da da da da da

:)