• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(54136)

Private
Feb 19, 2006
I remeber(i have't played in awhile) that you could always give other nations(ai) loans at high interest and they would accept them most of the time and you would become rather powerful from doing this. :cool: Some times I was even at war with them and they still kept paying. :rofl:

I don't know how many other people noticed this but I was thinking a nation should be able brake a loan with another player if they wanted to for instances like the one above of paying some one that you are in a war with interest. It just would never happen in real life.

what do you guys think about this?

That was only possible in early versions of the game... but yeah, it makes sense that a loan should be cancelled if the nation in dept is attacked by it's creditor.

Ohio said:
I remeber(i have't played in awhile) that you could always give other nations(ai) loans at high interest and they would accept them most of the time and you would become rather powerful from doing this. :cool: Some times I was even at war with them and they still kept paying. :rofl:
They're not as willing anymore in the latest patch. In fact i haven't been able to get them to accept a single time. Used to be a good way of getting (almost) free CB's

Ohio said:
I don't know how many other people noticed this but I was thinking a nation should be able brake a loan with another player if they wanted to for instances like the one above of paying some one that you are in a war with interest. It just would never happen in real life.

what do you guys think about this?
That would make sense yes. Though if it happened in peace time it should give the other state a CB. (although for the reason mentioned above states should not be too willing to borrow from you.