List of Youtubers at PDXCON2015

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sounds like a way too critical person compared to circumstances. It's basically indie production. Modern Banished on crack. Expecting the potential to be realized at launch is madness. Even when masterpiece CK2 launched no-one had any idea what it could truly become. 3 years later and still the potential is being realized.

5-800k at most = more than anything ever, since this is individual agent based simulation not random population numbers that mysteriously appear in certain columns (statistic based sim). Remember how someone pointed out lately that SC2013 lied 10x their population numbers at start.
Empty streets compared to X = I wonder what that other game is. Doesn't look likely that there is something vastly better based on DDs and videos.

For modding tools I'm also quite sceptical. They are likely lackluster at the start, but modders themselves seem to manage make some of them. Updates will likely bring more.
At least Asset Editor is known to exist and it will be bundled with the game (info from a Finnish dev stream).
TotallyMoo has stated that more info about modding is about to come out this week.

Please, people manage your expectations. Be reasonable. It will save you from overreacting at launch.

I feel safe preordering seeing as they have already done 2 nice releases (CiM1 and 2). 2 even had the same engine they use for Skylines.

I'm not a swearing person... but in this case, I'll make an exception:

F**KING +1!!!

I think, over time, all those points will be something we laugh about.

Hacking this game will be simple as the engine's architecture is publicly known. Script/Component based.
To crank up the number of people in 1 apartment building for example... should be relatively easy. A mod that will increase that number could be used by people who have better machines. Simcity 4 has a mod today that allows for cranking up the traffic displayed on the roads. Depending on how strong your computer is, you can set really insane numbers of cars. I think something similar will be available for this game in the long run.

I will model buildings (and my countries type of traffic lights) in my self. I will probably add custom street/road textures.. Something like a lot of other people will do, im sure! I think that within 6 months, your cities wont have as much repetitive buildings as today. Remember, they just cant add more models before the launch deadline because they're only with a small team.

Also, this studio wants to keep improving the game. They already think about bike paths in the future. Deeper game-play features that are not build-in at launch will probably come later. Simcity 4 vanilla was horrible. Rush Hour made the game better. I think that we already have some kind of 'rush-hour' candy at launch. CO is not Maxis, not a studio that focus on another game (Sims). They are dedicated to this game.

I'm happy to play with the game. Even when it shows some repetitive buildings. I'm sure this will be solved within months.

Simcity classic* had repeatitive buildings too. So did SC2000 and SC3000.

People never complained about it then. Back then, we used in our imaginations to fill in the gaps. It was awesome!

*I actually drew all the buildings of SCC on about 2 or 3 printer sheets. Yes, I was that kind of obsessive child.

talked to another. im leaving him/her labeled as anonymous guy.

my source told me that the game was pretty limiting, full of bugs and that he/she see's paradox continuing with their full on dlc model.
he/she noted that the streets look completely empty and ghost like compared to another city builder. though he/she did say their were cars/pedestrians moving about.
he/she noted that the repetitive buildings became tiresome very quickly.
he/she noted that they are worried about how big you can actually build a city population wise - he/she are estimating 5-700k at the most. paradox is quiet on this
he/she was unclear on the type of mod support that will be available. paradox didn't clarify on what the mod community will have access to - quiet for a reason!!

i'll just finish it with this:

he/she noted if you expected a complete city builder, you will be very disappointed as they are/were. that this game needs at least another year of content development to make the environment richer. he/she said paradox kept saying "in the future" - blah cha-ching

Are these like the sources that tell fox news about no-go zones?

All those concerns have already been brought up, and this was just from looking at dev diaries, screenshots, and other previews. People here are very perceptive. Given the smaller budget and smaller team, perhaps we should not buy too much into the hype, lest we're hugely letdown. Now having said that, I think we're dealing with a game that could be, at worst a simcity 2013 with bigger maps plus improvements, which I think a lot of people would be more than fine with.

The first generation of a game is rarely perfect, since it takes time and iterations to improve. So let's all pre-order Skylines (I did!) in the hope that Paradox, or some other publisher, sees the potential (and profit) and will sink much more money into a sequel. While of course we enjoy the current game!

They've literally been saying from day one that they intend to build a solid base then follow the PDS model of DLC updates. Anyone who's been paying attention isn't expecting content to rival SC4 or anything like that. So long as the simulation works.

That is odd compared to all the dev diarys? :huh: The dev diarys seem more built of a game than what You or Your source described?
talked to another. im leaving him/her labeled as anonymous guy.

my source told me that the game was pretty limiting, full of bugs and that he/she see's paradox continuing with their full on dlc model.
he/she noted that the streets look completely empty and ghost like compared to another city builder. though he/she did say their were cars/pedestrians moving about.
he/she noted that the repetitive buildings became tiresome very quickly.
he/she noted that they are worried about how big you can actually build a city population wise - he/she are estimating 5-700k at the most. paradox is quiet on this
he/she was unclear on the type of mod support that will be available. paradox didn't clarify on what the mod community will have access to - quiet for a reason!!

i'll just finish it with this:

he/she noted if you expected a complete city builder, you will be very disappointed as they are/were. that this game needs at least another year of content development to make the environment richer. he/she said paradox kept saying "in the future" - blah cha-ching

Its okay folks, turns out the source was only Brian Williams, reporting live for NBC.

Seriously though, what a ruddy joke. 'My source' :D Your 'source' is so legit they're hiding behind anonymity. So what you're saying is their professionalism values freebies/access over respectable journalism, so they'll attend an event and report on it... but given the opportunity, the soapbox that is youtube and the people looking for independent and honest feedback... your bi-gender friend is NOT going to be honest, they're just going to say what Paradox want them to say?

If you spent more than 5min coming up with that, that could well be more pathetic than what you're claiming. :eek: