• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chadwick1313

Recruit
1 Badges
Sep 12, 2021
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
When ever I launch EU4 from steam this shows up in the dlc section of the launcher. The dlc is not active in the game either.

Attachments

• pdx.p1.png
    pdx.p1.png
    35,3 KB · Views: 0
This is a cosmetic problem caused by a minor bug in the new launcher, the DLC is still available to you in the game.

It should be fixed in the next launcher update.

This is a cosmetic problem caused by a minor bug in the new launcher, the DLC is still available to you in the game.

It should be fixed in the next launcher update.
Yes, however in the game certain parts are not working. Such as missing images for Teutonic order and Denmark mission trees. That is all I've been able to find so far but the fact that images are not showing up means something is wrong.

Do you know of anything that can cause something like that to happen?

To clarify also, I've already tried uninstalling, deleting the Eu4 folders and everything but nothing has fixed it.

Thank you for your help!

If there are no mods involved, that sounds like a corrupted installation. Here's the complete clean reinstall process:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-EU4
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/EU4 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add EU4.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam EU4 or Documents EU4 locations, before installing again.

If there are no mods involved, that sounds like a corrupted installation. Here's the complete clean reinstall process:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-EU4
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/EU4 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add EU4.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam EU4 or Documents EU4 locations, before installing again.
Sorry it took a while to get back, I tried doing a clean reinstall however it has not effect. I found that all the "Lions of the North" nations have mission art/pictures for their mission trees. I am unsure what is causing this as I have not mods enabled and have the latest version of the game.

Hmmm. Do you get this if you do a test install on any other computer you might have access to?

Hmmm. Do you get this if you do a test install on any other computer you might have access to?
Sorry, I only have this one computer and have no way of trying this out. The good news is that it seems to only be for the "lions of the north" nations. Most of the Denmark, Sweden, and Norway trees still have images but the Teutonic order and Livonian Order are missing more than half.

I'm now told this will be fixed by an EU4 update at some point, I have no ETA as yet sorry.