• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't actually play this game myself, but I don't recall such reports here.

Is this in all unmodded galaxies, regardless of size or number of leaders?

Right from the start of a new galaxy, or only in mid or late game play?

Has it always been like this for you, or was okay up to some point?

Right-click on stellaris.exe, properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullscreen optimizations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply, and exit.
Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select the fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, refresh rate 60.

THEN test with a new unmodded galaxy.

If that doesn't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log

I don't actually play this game myself, but I don't recall such reports here.

Is this in all unmodded galaxies, regardless of size or number of leaders?

Right from the start of a new galaxy, or only in mid or late game play?

Has it always been like this for you, or was okay up to some point?

Right-click on stellaris.exe, properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullscreen optimizations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply, and exit.
Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select the fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, refresh rate 60.

THEN test with a new unmodded galaxy.

If that doesn't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log

Its super laggy and stuttery regardless of installed mods (so even complete vanilla) and its pretty bad even at the start of the game but as the game progresses and more leaders are in the window the lag increases to the point where you can barely scroll.
This is an issue that I've only noticed specifically in the leader window, whether I'm recruiting a new leader or selecting a recruited leader for a planet or fleet or science ship, no other windows have this issue and I haven't the foggiest why.
I've seen some posts on Reddit about it but nobody seemed to have mentioned it on the PDX forum.

I'll see about running that programming and posting what you suggested next time I boot up the game.

They supposedly fixed this a while back but I noticed my fps is getting cut in half still with the latest patch. It's rather annoying but at least I don't need to keep the leader window open for long. Hopefully this is something they can actually fix. Don't worry about going through the usual tech support motions, it's either a bug or a limitation of the game.

I also have been noting this issue being back , and People said it disappeared in 3.9 , and though I stopped playing 3.9 exactly because of this issue, it's back again! And I felt like I was going crazy because no one was talking about it after multiple repeated claims that it was god awful in 3.8 (me being one of those voices included).

So yeah, I too would love to see this issue patched because the lag genuinely makes it impossible for me to scroll because of UI issues too!