Launching the new launcher! (Coming with 1.29 Manchu)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Currently mod zips show up in "C:/Users/user/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/mod" after subscribing. This works slightly different now. Mod zips (Now named *.bin) will now stay in the Steam downloads folder (Something like "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\236850\217416366",

I'm guessing there's a technical reason for this, but I'm sad to see it tbh. I know that you rarely have to go in there (if you don't mod yourself, probably around never and even then it should be rare) but when you need to do it, the structure in the workshop/content folder is really annoying since you a) need to find the correct game ID you usually don't know by heart and b) if you have that, often the mod isn't that easy to find because you find another folder full of folders with simple IDs. If you are lucky the .zip is sensibly named and you can use the search function. if.

Are we ever getting a feature to be able to save a specific amount of mods to a list, that you can load with one click? It's such a clickfest to change between major overhauls in all of your games. Apologies if such feature is already there, and do point me in the right direction. In total war games you have to download a separate mod manager(10 times better than the regular one) to do this, which is ludicrous - seeing how vital and huge modding is in these type of games.

For me imperator's launcher is broken, I can only hope it will be better here
- I can not launch it manually, it says it does not have steam id and when I manually added file it still didi not work
- game launched without it did not remember active mods
- issues reported by people with multiple drives
- issues reported by people on Ubuntu
etc.

"dlc_load.json" Example:
{
"disabled_dlcs":["dlc/dlc065_fredmans_midsummer_epistles/dlc065.dlc","dlc/dlc052_sabaton_soundtrack/dlc052.dlc"],
"enabled_mods":["mod/ugc_1792575623.mod"]
}
Does it mean we'll be able to create different load lists, or is there only one dlc_load.json?

What is meant by CKII is dead?

No moe DLC? no more support?
CK2's launcher is pretty old, so maybe switching it to the new one would require too much work. Or CK2 ded, though I feel like PDX would tell us if they dropped CK2.

While I like being able to turn off all mods with a single button, is there any chance of the reliance on the steam workshop folders being reversed at some point? I hate having to navigate through all those poorly named folders to try and find a mod.

Steam workshop folders are a huge nuisance, but not a major turnoff in themselves.

What I'm more worried about is whether the shenanigans where Steam refuses to download mods properly when you click subscribe are over.

Does the launcher actually work on Linux this time around? It's been broken since launch for Imperator despite multiple bug reports and posts in the corresponding technical support subforum.
There are some known issues on Linux, however it's not easy to say which configurations will be affected. If you have any issues refer to the second post in this thread, and please report any issues you have.

Will the launcher now support more than 50 subscribed steam mods? That has been my main issue with the old one.
Yes, the new launcher will support more than 50 mods.

Are we ever getting a feature to be able to save a specific amount of mods to a list, that you can load with one click? It's such a clickfest to change between major overhauls in all of your games. Apologies if such feature is already there, and do point me in the right direction. In total war games you have to download a separate mod manager(10 times better than the regular one) to do this, which is ludicrous - seeing how vital and huge modding is in these type of games.
Does it mean we'll be able to create different load lists, or is there only one dlc_load.json?
There is no built-in support to do that, but you can always keep different copies of your dlc_load.json.

- so CK2 being dead is confirmed?

No :) But for technical reasons we can't do this for CK2 I'm afraid (it is very old you know)

I would note that, if you have local mods in your mod directory, do NOT just delete the directory unless you've made a backup first... ;-)

Good point! Will update the thread. Thank you!

This is a feature that we would want to have. But I refer to mikesc's answer above for now.

Why does this launcher look even more like its trying to sell me something?

Why would i need all this crap with advertisement to DoxCon and the latest DevDiary if im just trying to start a game?

Why are ~60% of the launcher just empty space with a single "Play" button in the middle?

Trim this thing down and make it into an actual launcher with proper function over form design.

Can it be that the mod list only shows Steam mods and not personal mods? It also seems to show certain mods twice for some reason.