• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jalcok

Recruit
35 Badges
Jan 4, 2021
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
Hey,
I wanted to play Stellaris again after 1 year or so but it wont launch, i get the launching the game failed triangle.( Steam, Windows 7, Game Version 2.8.1)
I tried these fixes: reinstall, clean reinstall, launching borderless fullscreen and windowed, launching with and without mods, updated my nvidia driver. I still couldn't launch the game.
HoI4 and EU4 work just Stellaris dosn't.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Please go here:
And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

Add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

Also if you have FRAPS or the MSI Gaming App or Rivatuner installed, disable it as it clashes with this game.

If that doesn't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log .

• 1Like
Reactions:
I did the x86 and x64 installers
I added it to the Windows Defender exception
I dont know why but there is just the pdx_settings.txt no logs or settings.txt

Attachments

• pdx_settings.txt
    338 bytes · Views: 0
Your Windows 7 has had no major updates applied since 2014. Our games are only ever tested on Windows that is fully patched up.

Please run the Windows Updater manually, apply everything it finds, and reboot. Keep doing that until it is fully up to date, which may take several iterations. Boring I know, but you have a lot of catching up to do!

You may need to then run those VC++ installers again after that.

Good luck!

Please go here:
And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

Add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

Also if you have FRAPS or the MSI Gaming App or Rivatuner installed, disable it as it clashes with this game.

If that doesn't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log .
Hi , I have the same problem here but I have Windows 10.
Should I do the same?

Hi , I have the same problem here but I have Windows 10.
Should I do the same?
Can't do any harm, if it doesn't help best to start your own thread in case it's not actually the same problem.

Having a similar issue.... stellaris doesn't launch (EU4 does though)
any fixes by any chance?

Steam, Windows 7, Game Version 2.8.1
ran the x86 and x64 installers, antivirus allows stellaris

Having a similar issue.... stellaris doesn't launch (EU4 does though)
any fixes by any chance?

Steam, Windows 7, Game Version 2.8.1
ran the x86 and x64 installers, antivirus allows stellaris
Please start your own thread with full problem details and history, and the files I mention in post #2 here. Thanks.

Don't know if you are still having this issue, but I've had it on and off, and thought I'd leave the solution which worked for me in case it helps someone.

While I couldn't launch the client from the launcher, I could still go into the steam directory and manually launch the executable. Not sure why the launcher had issues, but this worked fine for me once I tried this.