Launcher problem under Linux Kubuntu part #2

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vsonius

Recruit
17 Badges
Jun 27, 2016
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
Dear Paradox team.

I got Stellaris working again after updating the game to the latest version. I posted this error earlier on the Paradoxforum but the case was closed.. The error however is still not resolved since I bought the latest DLC and updated to the latest Stellaris version.

If I circumvent / ignore the Crashreport window ( leave this window open) I can play the game.
The game is still active in my taskbar ( see picture) and if I click on the game icon I can play and save my game as normal.
I can't end my game session within the Stellaris game interface with "go back to desktop "option. Then my whole computer freezes up and I'm stuck with a frozen Stellaris interface and have to reboot my system.
Needles to say this situation with Stellaris under Linux is frustrating and it looks that other users have similar problems. Please let me know If you guys can find a solution for this error.

Best regards,
V

Attachments

• Stellariserror.png
    Stellariserror.png
    789 KB · Views: 0
Sorry, is this the launcher or the game crashing? I can't tell from that screenshot.

If the launcher: run the game ./stellaris in a terminal command line - does it start up then?

Hi, i cant start the game in commandline. The crashreporter gives an error message. ( see picture) Meanwhile the game itself continues loading ( see taskbar below left corner). If I click on the game icon the game continues to load and I can play. However if I save my game and want to exit my game to my desktop the game / desktop freezes and I cant reach my linux taskbar and continue with linux as normal. I have to end my session to force my computer to shutdown. It looks to me that the crashreporter ( or the error window it generates) causes this problem.
Best regards V

So the launcher itself runs okay? These problems only start when you hit PLAY in the launcher (or run ./stellaris)?

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log , exceptions.log

Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.