• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We now have reports of this with Avast antivirus only, except just 1 report on AVG. Putting C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.10.1/paradox launcher.exe in all its exceptions lists, then deleting that sqlite folder one more time, seems to be fixing it reliably.

I also have one report that opting into the beta of the next launcher version 2022.1 helped.

All the best!

Hi,

I did a complete reinstall of the game deleted all the launcher folders in AppData and am now using the old version of the launcher and it is working again.

Switching to the Beta version works once but the next time you launch it it doesn't.

I have Avast and adding it to the exceptions didn't work.

Thanks for your reply!

Got multiple errors with Paradox Launcher and launcher-v2.sqlite errors that crashed the game. Can confirm they are caused by Avast antivirus software and works just fine after disable-ing the shield protection.

Having the same error with ALL paradox games. ETA to fix this?
We can't fix a problem with Avast falsely flagging our software as suspect.

As mentioned above, adding it in the Avast exclusion lists should do it, OR opting into the launcher beta 2022.1 which Avast seems to have no problem with, for some reason. Same for AVG apparently. No other AV have an issue with it, so far as we know.

We can't fix a problem with Avast falsely flagging our software as suspect.

As mentioned above, adding it in the Avast exclusion lists should do it, OR opting into the launcher beta 2022.1 which Avast seems to have no problem with, for some reason. Same for AVG apparently. No other AV have an issue with it, so far as we know.
I have se same problem with all paradox games, tried avast exceptions AND opting to the launcher beta and I still cannot launch my games from the paradox launcher, only via its path in steam local files (which I had to do with crusader kings 2 last year before it stopped working completely).

Also for some reason in the ParadoxInteractive folder, whenever I launch a game after any reinstall, no matter how clean it is, a new "Crusader kings 2" folder is created, even though it hasn't been installed since last summer.

I also unsubbed and deleted every MOD and proceeded to a clean reinstall.

I really hope there is a solution.

I have se same problem with all paradox games, tried avast exceptions AND opting to the launcher beta and I still cannot launch my games from the paradox launcher
Do you get the message "database migration failed" or another message? If you do, did you add "C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.10.1/paradox launcher.exe" (and not the folder which contains this file) to the exception list in the ransomware shield of avast?
If you use the beta version, you have to add the .exe file of the beta launcher instead.
Does this avast FAQ answer help you find the right exception list?

Disclaimer: I'm not working for Paradox. I'm just trying to help people.

Also for some reason in the ParadoxInteractive folder, whenever I launch a game after any reinstall, no matter how clean it is, a new "Crusader kings 2" folder is created, even though it hasn't been installed since last summer.
That is normal. EU4 makes that so it can deal with games exported from CK2.