• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

A1NutSauce

Sunfyre the Golden
91 Badges
Apr 4, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
I am unable to launch the native Linux version of CK3 on Steam. The launcher window pops up but is completely empty except for a bit of background art. I am able to resize, drag, and exit the launcher by clicking where the button usually is on the the top right corner. When I move my mouse over to where the Resume and Play buttons usually are, my mouse shows as something clickable but nothing happens. Issue persists in both Wayland and X11 sessions.

Screenshot_20240502_151029.png

I have verified the game files on Steam and deleted the launcher folders in /.paradoxlauncher but the issue persists. Stopping the game on Steam also does not close the launcher, it gets stuck and I have to close it manually.
Screenshot_20240502_151454.png

The launcher was working perfectly fine a few days ago.

Kernel: 6.8.8-arch1-1 (64-bit)
DE: KDE Plasma 6.0.4

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240502_151454.png
    Screenshot_20240502_151454.png
    195,9 KB · Views: 0
The launcher has not changed in the last few days; the current version 2024.6 came out April 15. Let's do a clean reinstall of it.

Remove the following files and folders:

• ~/.paradoxlauncher
  • ~/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2
  • ~/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/launcherpath

Install it again from here
https://launcher.paradoxinteractive.com/v2/paradox-launcher-installer-linux

The run the game from Steam. If that doesn't help, Right click the game in your Steam library and add this in the "Launch Options" window:

--pdxlDebug

2. Start the launcher and the debug log will be automatically generated and located in one of the below locations

Linux:
  • $XDG_DATA_HOME/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/logs/ (if $XDG_DATA_HOME is set)
  • ~/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/logs/ (if $XDG_DATA_HOME is not set)

Please attach those logs here, thanks.

The launcher has not changed in the last few days; the current version 2024.6 came out April 15. Let's do a clean reinstall of it.

Remove the following files and folders:

• ~/.paradoxlauncher
  • ~/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2
  • ~/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/launcherpath

Install it again from here
https://launcher.paradoxinteractive.com/v2/paradox-launcher-installer-linux

The run the game from Steam. If that doesn't help, Right click the game in your Steam library and add this in the "Launch Options" window:

--pdxlDebug

2. Start the launcher and the debug log will be automatically generated and located in one of the below locations

Linux:
  • $XDG_DATA_HOME/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/logs/ (if $XDG_DATA_HOME is set)
  • ~/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/logs/ (if $XDG_DATA_HOME is not set)

Please attach those logs here, thanks.
Removing the three folders/files seems to have fixed it. My launcher is working now. Thank you for the help Andrew.