• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes. Although in history, I think the difficulty has to do with terrain issues of supply limits and attribution but most especially due to ambushes and large numbers. The game seems to have no problem stomping outnumber armies at lower tech. Sometimes in history this happened, but not always.
The tribes' disadvantage in warfare in IR doesn't stop with lower tech in v2.03 - in my eyes they are an unfortunate and unintended casualty of one of the games best and latest additions after release - levies. And no...I'm not refering that tribes are restricted to them and can't recruit fancy legions. Thats fully ok and the devs even compensated by a fairly high % of pops to be raised. The problem is the clash between the clan system and the region based levies - both setups work, but just not together. I'm currently in a playthrough with Massylia and even if I'm willing to go to the MM hell of constantly having to reset tactics and formations, I just can't get past badly distributed supply units and even worse...the fact that many small stacks (depending one size a tribe ends up with [3-5 * # of regions]!) are doomed to be stackwiped sooner or later because you just can't ensure always that they fight together. Needless to say that they AI is even more incapable of handling this situation.

So all that is left as challenge are tribal defensive leagues - provided that their members have some cash to afford mercenaries. The AI has troubles to deploy them efficiently (recruits them too late in the wars amd too close to the front instead of bringing up their morale first by using the reorganisation command) as well, but there is at least a chance that they can succeed with them.

• 1Like
Reactions: