Labour of Love - The Steam Awards!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDXKatten

Community Manager
Administrator
Paradox Staff
QA
Oct 14, 2022
Generals.

It's time for the Steam awards, but first, a look back on this year...

7 years. It has been 7 glorious years of strategy and conquest, of encirclements and outwitting your opponents. The amount of generals continues to rise as well, hitting a record amount this year over on Steam!

So far in 2023, we’ve released Arms Against Tyranny, revamping the Nordics and adding so many cool new features like the international market and the special forces doctrines. Before that, we continued our war effort initiative to try and update older content to bring it up to par, fix old bugs that slipped through the cracks, and add so much more to keep the experience fresh.
AAT.jpg

While your tournaments thrived, we came up with a way to give them even more exposure and rewards by releasing FRONTLINES, our tournament organiser to make sure more people can participate, can watch and can enjoy the action, and to give back to your hard work!
Frontlines_2.png

And the War Academy that ended yesterday, bringing a more personal touch from us to it and trying to get into a cool event for those attending and those watching from home alike by live streaming from a CASTLE. (How cool is that?!)
GL.jpg

We’ve continued to expand on our socials to make sure you get the latest HOI News wherever you can, by continuing to grow on Instagram and Facebook, posting more on Twitter (OR it’s X now huh) and having our discord reach over 90 THOUSAND members, which is amazing and is thanks to you.

All in All, none of this would be possible without you all, and we appreciate you immensely. Many games plateau or lose their player base, but you’ve all stuck with us for so many years, it's difficult not to admire your dedication and not be humbled by your continued support.

If you would like, we'd appreciate your vote in the Steam awards for the Labour of Love award, but know that we appreciate everyone who's had a part in this journey so far, and everyone else who will join us along the way.

Here’s to this year, and to the future.

Join The Discord_Template.png

• 10Like
  • 2Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Labor of Love is always tough competition, and while I think there is still more work to be done until HoI4 will be at the top, the game has nevertheless come a long way and feels much more polished than it did a few years ago. Keep it up!

• 2Like
Reactions:
I appreciate the effort to improve the game and how much better it has become over the years, and any other year you would probably have had my vote. Still (and I realize I keep banging on about the same subject) I cant get myself to give that vote, seeing how little love seems to have been involved in the development of the part of AAT I was looking forward to the most (Norway) .

Reactions:
It's not the worst contender, it's actualy decent, but I feel the Norway tree was such a immense disappointment(and just downright silly) that I cannot justify it this year.

Reactions:
bugs that slipped through the cracks
That metaphor is doing some heavy lifting.

To me at least, continuously releasing and marketing DLC is not Labor of Love; it's simply a business model. Team Fortress 2 or Factorio are the sort of games I'd consider in this category. (For people who have played those half a decade ago: yes, they still got a load of mostly bugfix updates even this year!)

Reactions:
Labour of Love awards of this game????? This is meant to be some kind of bad joke, isn't it?:oops:
No, this is not a joke, you really mean it. It seems that this development team exists in some alternative universe!:p:D:D

This game is not in a favorable relationship with this award, so no! Is bug fixing a familiar thing, dear developers? Well, then it wouldn't hurt to start doing this seriously......:mad:

• 1Like
Reactions:
At least they should release beta patches in the mean time: nobody would expect them to be compatible with mods.
I did comment something about this in other threath. I expect less pathes, that are bigger and Co-operation with the modders before the release, and that means longer time also…
I am sure that they will release beta when it is ready to be released… obviously they seems to think that the beta is not ready to be released yet.

We made patches fewer but larger due to people taking issues with their mods being effected to often. We have one planned in December that will go into Open Beta soon. ^^

With this game paradox you have steal my heart. I remember it was a anniversary gift 2013. I miss the old times. How we say in german: there was more tinsel.

1701104453773.png

The other awards goes to star trek infinity. Not perfect and many desync in multiplayer but i hope they will let me not wait 3 years and longer to fix it.

I think for me to vote for this I would need to see the developers fix old bugs. Most of the time when I see a bug I can search for it and see that it was reported years ago and there is really is no good reason i'm seeing it now.

examples.
-resource totals are messed up upon loading a save game.
-adding units to an army that has some orders allocates those new divisions to existing orders (especially annoying during naval invasions)
-inability to repair/build infrastructure due to combat as well as inefficiency of construction queue mechanics
-air superiority is messed up upon loading a save game.
-reinforce meme

Fix those 5 things I can think of off the top of my head and I'll vote for your labor of love.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I think for me to vote for this I would need to see the developers fix old bugs. Most of the time when I see a bug I can search for it and see that it was reported years ago and there is really is no good reason i'm seeing it now.

examples.
-resource totals are messed up upon loading a save game.
-adding units to an army that has some orders allocates those new divisions to existing orders (especially annoying during naval invasions)
-inability to repair/build infrastructure due to combat as well as inefficiency of construction queue mechanics
-air superiority is messed up upon loading a save game.
-reinforce meme

Fix those 5 things I can think of off the top of my head and I'll vote for your labor of love.
Would you be so kind and link me a bug report of those issues? ^^

Also, of course you dont need to vote, but id like to see if we can fix those issues regardless. :)

Would you be so kind and link me a bug report of those issues? ^^

Also, of course you dont need to vote, but id like to see if we can fix those issues regardless. :)
1. Probably this one: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ource-extraction-bugged-1-11-13-d173.1549775/

2. The are are quite a few bug reports on units orders and/or strange happenings around naval invasions, so it is hard to say what is "the best" one. Here is one where at least an issue was confirmed and entered in the bug database: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...naval-invasions-broken.1546980/#post-29102338

3. The first part is WAD to my knowlegde; don't know what exactly @Vigor is meaning with the 2nd part, might be the issue @bitmode described here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/repairing-infrastructure-damaged-by-fighting.1303495/

4. There is a whole lot threads on issues with a air superiority, but I wasn't able to find on specifically pointing to a problem with reloading - what of course doesn't rule out that there is one, as e.g. in this thread https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/hoi-4-air-superiority-bugs-out.1199122/#post-25626363 a reported issue cleared for @CraniumMuppet after unpausing.

5. Unsure; might not be a real bug, but instead rather undesired game design.

• 5Like
Reactions: