• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cpt.Cross

Colonel
54 Badges
Oct 19, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Empire of Sin
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
I want to do a Korea playthrough where I get Colonisation to spawn in asia as opposed to Europe.

Should I go for exploration first or wait till 2nd Idea when Colonisation range will allow.

is it worth no Cbing any siberian tribe to get better range?

I want to do a Korea playthrough where I get Colonisation to spawn in asia as opposed to Europe.

Should I go for exploration first or wait till 2nd Idea when Colonisation range will allow.

is it worth no Cbing any siberian tribe to get better range?
No cb ainu I'd reccomend, and go for it 1st

• 2Like
Reactions:
Wait until 2nd idea, the first idea can be something more immediately useful.

iirc you don't need to leave the mainland to have enough range if you get the range boost from Exploration ideas and tech, but I suppose you can. Maybe try to get a claim on some tribe in Northern Manchuria or even Ainu. You could even colonize the Kuril islands fast enough for the range (if not, you can always place the colonist there to use as a springboard for claim fabrication and just remove the colony after to free up your colonist).

Small note that you do not have enough coring range to conquer any of the Siberian tribes (yes, even the Kamchadals), at least until you colonise the Kurils, at which point no-CBing them makes no sense.
Can't you No CB one of the tribes, vassalize it and then use that vassal to have coring range on one of its neighbours ?

Edit : For OP, keep in mind that even if you discover the Americas in time, you'll likely have very few eligible provinces compared to the Europeans, so the odds of spawing Colonialism are still fairly low.

Reactions:
Small note that you do not have enough coring range to conquer any of the Siberian tribes (yes, even the Kamchadals), at least until you colonise the Kurils, at which point no-CBing them makes no sense.
You can core through your subjects if they share their capital on the same continent as you. In my last Qing game I could even core through tribs

1614159235000.png

Pulled it off,

Took Innovative as first idea as I thought it meshes with Korea well. Once I had Diplo tech 7 with a colonist I started a colony next to Kamchadals then after getting the claim deleted the unfinished colony. Cored Kamchadals and with 20% colony range advisor you can reach the tip of Alaska!

I thought it may break things in Europe though and even though someone in Europe developed colonialism anyway, the Caribbean has less than half colonised and mexico is untouched even 100 years later.

• 2Like
Reactions: