• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castellon

★Paradox Forum Manager★
Administrator
Paradox Staff
110 Badges
Mar 12, 2002
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Paradox Order
Game crashes to desk top when initializing the music
Temp fix is to disable the music.
By doing the Following:
Use the config program to turn the sound OFF. If it doesnt work, open settings.cfg (located the same place as hoi.exe) using notepad.
Change "MUSIC_ON" to "MUSIC_OFF". Problem solved!

Now either play the game without music, or play the mp3 files in the background using another program like winamp. You will still have sound effects.

I have discovered the cause of the problem but for a permanent solution you must PM me and provide the following info.

In the subject line: Music CTD Fix
Publisher:? eg Strategy First
Version #:? eg 1.01
Notes:? eg. When The game is starting it CTD while initializing the music.

Last edited:
Installation problem: Incompatible version of the RPC stub

Some people might encounter errors during installation of HoI.

The error is:
"Error number: 0x80070725
Description: Incompatible version of the RPC stub"

Hope this helps someone out there...

The link: http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q105810

[solution provided by Miika@Pan Vision Finland]

VALKYRIENET PROBLEMS

(solution provided by totalbasscase)

I have cracked the nut of making HoI work on Valkyrienet and hosting IP games. This is a reference on how to solve problems with your router's firewall.

Alright, the first step is to open your router's administration utility.

Go into your web browser and type in the IP address of your router. This should be listed in its manual, but usually it will be http://192.168.0.1/

Log in using whatever the default username/password is (usually admin/NO PASSWORD)

Now navigate the utility till you get to the status page.

Here you're looking for one thing: YOUR COMPUTER's Local IP. This will most likely be 192.168.0.SOMETHING. Make a note of what the something is and continue to the router's firewall options.

Here you want to make two seperate entries. The first will allow all traffic from the internet on TCP ports 23000-24000 to navigate the firewall, and then redirect it to your computer. The options should read:

Enabled
Allow
Source: WAN
IP Range: */* (For all ip addresses)
Destination: LAN
IP Range: YOUR LOCAL IP ADDRESS/(leave this part blank)
Protocol: TCP
Port range: 2300-2400
Schedule: Always

Do this again but change the port range to 47624, and you'll be set. Save the settings and have fun with HoI or EU2 (This works for both.)

The alternate optioon is to just throw your firewall wide open and take all traffic on any TCP ports and redirect it. This shouldnt be necessary and DOES leave your computer very vulnerable, but if you have a software firewall that is more easily configurable then this shouldn't be a problem. Note that in theory this is a Demilitarized Zone, but I found that activating my router's DMZ didn't help with HoI.

Here are the settings:

Enabled
Allow
Source: WAN
IP Range: *////* (For all ip addresses)
Destination: LAN
IP Range: YOUR LOCAL IP ADDRESS////(leave this part blank)
Protocol: TCP
Port range: *////* (All ports)
Schedule: Always

Again, if you use that last part, PLEASE use a software firewall. I don't want anyone here getting hacked =P

Last edited:
Originally posted by Hkelukka
If you have any graphics problem or sound problem and use netmeeting 3.0 (win2k)... start it up, go to each setting (audio, video) you dont need to change anything. after that quit. and try the program that crashed again... it turned out that in my case (someone might remeber it) reinstalling hoi helped for a bit but i still got some random CTD's... and simply going to netmeeting and back removed the problem...

Yes im being serious there is ALOT on the net about how netmeeting fudges up your video settings....

Status
Not open for further replies.