• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great to see there's some life left in the old beast!
I liked the update. For one, it actually saved me the headache of desperately trying to remember where all those obscure provinces that need to be conquered for WC are on the map. :)
I hope that writing for the Persian Tales will be less of a bear! <Fingers crossed>

I'm just impressed you stuck with it. When you haven't got a story to tell it gets very difficult. I love seeing the difference in your manpower pool from the first 2 pictures to the later few. 1474 pool depth - ouch! :D

Oh sure, an Emperor with more intelligence than a sea slug is finally elected, and you have to go and execute him. :D That 1739 support limit figure is amazing ... as is the speed with which you conquered. In little more than thirty years, you mopped the floor with the Ottomans and Russians, eviscerated India and chopped up China.

I can't begin to imagine how many rebellions you had to put down. I tired of 1.06 very quickly, as the tedium of fighting all those damn rebels whenever a war lasted more than three years was simply unbearable. Fortunately it was a rather short-lived patch. :) Speaking of rebellions ... correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I've picked up a little foreshadowing here:

Originally posted by Prof. Ebbesen
"Indeed, given the great conquests under Antoine Manoel de Vilhenam 'The Conqueror', Raymond Despuigh 'The Beast', and Manuel Pinto de Fonseca 'The Sin-slayer', it is no wonder, that the order of the Knights Hospitaller felt invulnerable in the late 1760'ies and eagerly awaited the final unification of the entire world, except for a few natives freezing their arses off in Siberia, and that it was widely expected to occur within a lifetime, two at the outmost"

Can you say "Civil War?" I knew you could. ;)

The Professor strikes again! I never doubted the Professor's WC abilities! A pity thw writing seems so condensed, but what with Machiavelli, and real life (job, friends etc), it's really more than we can expect. Great Pictures, Mr Ebbesen!

All Hail the Conqueror!

Seriously, this is amazing... I understand that you need a 48-hour day to get everything in your life done; I'm just thankful that you are sharing the end of the game with us.

Thanks, Peter! :)

Since this aar is probably not going to be completed, maybe it is time for some final screenshots? :)

kurtbrian said:
Since this aar is probably not going to be completed, maybe it is time for some final screenshots? :)
I second that! :D

But let's see if our beloved writer still have them... let's wait and see...

Barca said:
I wonder, will PE ever get around to finishing this? :(

I hope so....
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This ought to qualify for one of the longest AARs ever. Exactly 7 days less than one year in the making, with semi-regular updates scattered throughout.

I hope to see it finished, though.

Steele

Can't wait for the conclusion.... although I have given up on holding my breath! :rofl:

Sandmann said:
Whats that strange "Its better to feared.." event in the middle of page 10 screenie?? I can't find it in DB files. Is it triggered by WC?

:mad: :mad: :mad: Don't do that I allmost belived he had finished it (just a second or so but still :eek:o )