• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

earthskync

Corporal
55 Badges
Sep 8, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Empire of Sin
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Victoria 2
Not sure about you, but in my playthroughs, kingdoms just randomly collapse on inheritance...

Click here to see on the YouTubes. (I made a youtube video).

huh.jpg

That's not random - the southern half of East Francia was completely cut off from the main, northern part, and went independent on ruler change.

EDIT: no wait, the capital is in the eastern part. But then why doesn't the north go as well? Is it because it's de jure German land, possibly?

EDIT2: also, why no collapse if you're a vassal in there? Is it because you can't be part of a collapse?

Is it possible that the Kingdom title belonged to someone that didn't own any of the de jure land inside the kingom, therefore that title eventually got destroyed? If you go to Duchy/Kingdom/Empire view, you can still select de jure titles that have been destroyed and see their history.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think I figured it out. So my game settings were set to "Significant AI Only" on the Exclave Independence option.

In this option, the land that was lost, was land that was not native to East Francia (dejure), and was also not connected via a naval path. As we can see that the capital was on the single piece of land that was bordering France, Burgundy and Bavaria.

The reason it didn't affect the "player". as opposed to the "AI", cause the settings were set to "Significant AI Only", as opposed to "Significant".

Anyway, I tested it out on a vassal living outside of the dejure, that was also not connected by naval that was a part of East Francia. And I became independent just like the rest of the vassals.

Reactions:
I dunno, ive been seeing some weird east-francia collapses. At first i thought it was from a Casus Belli, but the way it was split it *couldnt* have been.

within 15 years of game start in 867, east francia just disappeared, the northern half of it being replaced with just an endless sea of independent Asatru counts, and the southern half Slavic counts. no dukedoms or kingdoms left, just independent counties. Had never seen that happen before, and it was kind of awkward because it quickly devolved into an asatru and slavic super dukes, and then eventually just an asatru duke the size of france.

I dunno, ive been seeing some weird east-francia collapses. At first i thought it was from a Casus Belli, but the way it was split it *couldnt* have been.

within 15 years of game start in 867, east francia just disappeared, the northern half of it being replaced with just an endless sea of independent Asatru counts, and the southern half Slavic counts. no dukedoms or kingdoms left, just independent counties. Had never seen that happen before, and it was kind of awkward because it quickly devolved into an asatru and slavic super dukes, and then eventually just an asatru duke the size of france.
Sounds like a successful independence faction. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think I figured it out. So my game settings were set to "Significant AI Only" on the Exclave Independence option.

In this option, the land that was lost, was land that was not native to East Francia (dejure), and was also not connected via a naval path. As we can see that the capital was on the single piece of land that was bordering France, Burgundy and Bavaria.

The reason it didn't affect the "player". as opposed to the "AI", cause the settings were set to "Significant AI Only", as opposed to "Significant".
Yeah, the "AI Only" setting would do it. So, in conclusion, the option made all the counties isolated from the capital and not part of the de jure kingdom go independent, unless the player was involved. We can file it under "not random". :D

Sounds like Haesteinn invaded East Francia but didn't have gold for any titles