Just want to support the devs for taking time to complete the next update.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the OP, but I think that it's evident to anyone using the internet for some time that the loudest people on the web will always be the most immature, unstable, and people with questionable thought processes.

Reasonable people will tend to be understanding and patient (and write less posts about it) or just not care that much because there are other things to do in life, and even if they're a majority (or at least 50/50), it will mostly seem like the majority are angry, impatient, unreasonable spoiled brats who tend to vent out on the forums daily.

Also take into account that not everyone who plays the game visits the forum, and that those who want to rant about it more often than not seek to visit the forums specifically.

That's why posts like this one are beneficial, at least for some balance and some positive feedback.

Paradox know that, but they just have to deal with all types of people in the most optimal way, and they respond accordingly.

Reactions:
Any chance you missed the late-November patch, with another in early December?

The game does need more content, is at stale recently. I agree. But I prefer the devs work on the content rather than spending their time speaking about it and doing the job of the PR team
In that case, I don't mind if it is the devs or the PR team, but somebody should be communicating regularly with us about the current state of the game and its future, as all the other Paradox products are doing.

• 3Like
Reactions:
A bit absurd statement in my opinion. The fact that I want them to take the time they need, doesn't mean they will need ten years. This post was created because a lot of forum members encourage paradox to deliver ASAP, and I don't think that is the right advise for this game, so I want to voice my opinion.
As I found yours. Dev diaries are a bad thing? Wanting products sooner means one is stressing Paradox to not take their time to make a quality product? Absurd indeed.

Reactions:
This is the argument I find so weird.

"Paradox are working on content but haven't told me what it is yet. That is disrespectful".

I simply don't understand how the latter follows the former.
That's because you've conveniently forgotten to include the reasoning of all the posts that have explained why they think this. ;)

Reactions:
That's because you've conveniently forgotten to include the reasoning of all the posts that have explained why they think this. ;)
I'm seeing very little reasoning. I'm seeing people posting vague, euphamistic talk of "poor communications" who seems very reticent to explain what they mean by that.

Reactions:
This is the argument I find so weird.

"Paradox are working on content but haven't told me what it is yet. That is disrespectful".

I simply don't understand how the latter follows the former.

There is no evidence to actually support any work even being done (outside of the community mod who has responded a couple of times about some great flavor pack DLC)
At the end of the day we buy the products so pay their wages, I find the blind "TAKE MY MONEY, I dont care what you do with it." to be the confusing part. Especially when writing a damn DD is going to appease many and take what 2 hrs out of someones week.

The previous argument of "We got moaned at last time we wrote one" is weak sauce as well. I feel the community has a right to tell Paradox they are not respecting us as customers, ignoring the questions, supporting radio silence and closing threads asking for information all just adds to the almost arrogance which resonates at times in regard to this game.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
There is no evidence to actually support any work even being done (outside of the community mod who has responded a couple of times about some great flavor pack DLC)

If the promised February Dev Diary arrives and it becomes apparent that Paradox have, in fact, not being working on content and have simply been flat out lying to us that they are, I will - of course - hold my hands up and say I'm wrong.

Until then, I'll assume that their repeated posts about working on content, the fact that they've already released patches and free updates post-launch and the precident from every Paradox game over the last decade - as well as their obvious commercial incentive to be creating content - means that they're not lying to us and are working on content.

At the end of the day we buy the products so pay their wages, I find the blind "TAKE MY MONEY, I dont care what you do with it." to be the confusing part.

I do care what they do with my money. I'm happy that they used to it to employ developers to release multiple bug fixes, balance changes and free patches last year and I'm happy that they're using it to employ developers who are curently creating additional content that hasn't been announced yet.

Especially when writing a damn DD is going to appease many and take what 2 hrs out of someones week.

I don't think the reason we haven't got an announcement of the first DLC yet is related to the time it takes to write a dev diary.

I feel the community has a right to tell Paradox they are not respecting us as customers

As I said before, "Paradox are working on content but haven't told me what it is yet. That is disrespectful" is a very strange argument to me.

ignoring the questions, supporting radio silence and closing threads asking for information all just adds to the almost arrogance which resonates at times in regard to this game.

Why do you think they're "ignoring questions" and "supporting radio silence"? If the DLC is far enough along in development that they have final or almost-final screenshots/mechanics, why not put out some dev diaries? As you say, it'd only take a few hours to write.

Isn't the obvious/likely answer that the DLC isn't far enough along the development cycle to show us yet. And they have to wait until they've got something to show us before they can show us.

Last edited:
Reactions:
There is no evidence to actually support any work even being done
Yes. The correct assumption is that management encourages employees who are paid to work 40 hours a week to actually do nothing instead.

Furthermore, I believe that all auto companies stop working and sit on their hands for five months after an auto show because they're not obligated to report their progress to the public anymore...

Reactions:
As I found yours. Dev diaries are a bad thing? Wanting products sooner means one is stressing Paradox to not take their time to make a quality product? Absurd indeed.
"Wanting products sooner means one is stressing Paradox to not take their time to make a quality product?" Yeah, that's what I'm saying exactly. To be more exact, asking the devs to deliver the product sooner would, if they listen to you, decrease the quality.

Reactions:
my biggest problem is that there are severe deficiencies in certain aspects of this game's core gameplay which have existed since release and we're several months in without an indication that they will in fact be rectified. there was the patch in November which improved some things, but it didn't fix some of the glaring problems in this game

in particular, Crusades are still awful and in some respects were actually made worse by the November patch. this is ignoring other problems regarding game balance and flavor for whatever cultures, which I'm sure will come with time. It would just be nice to know something is being worked on. In a few weeks we will have more information, but it's also entirely possible that we are told the DLC will arrive in late Spring and we'll have nothing until then. There's no real idea of when to expect anything, I haven't played the game in months because I find certain aspects to be far too frustrating to deal with and certain regions are still terribly unfun to play in.

• 3Like
Reactions:
my biggest problem is that there are severe deficiencies in certain aspects of this game's core gameplay which have existed since release and we're several months in without an indication that they will in fact be rectified. there was the patch in November which improved some things, but it didn't fix some of the glaring problems in this game

in particular, Crusades are still awful and in some respects were actually made worse by the November patch. this is ignoring other problems regarding game balance and flavor for whatever cultures, which I'm sure will come with time. It would just be nice to know something is being worked on. In a few weeks we will have more information, but it's also entirely possible that we are told the DLC will arrive in late Spring and we'll have nothing until then. There's no real idea of when to expect anything, I haven't played the game in months because I find certain aspects to be far too frustrating to deal with and certain regions are still terribly unfun to play in.

This.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is not a new debate and serves no constructive purpose.

No one is likely to be swayed by this either way.

To close this off, a law of project management and by extension, software development:
tenor.gif

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.