• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Peter Ebbesen
Give the Union of Kalmar CB shields on all of Scandinavia and a couple of nasty events ala the Engelbrekt rebellion.

In case of the end of the Union let Denmark retain CB shields on Sweden and Norway.

Remove the CB shields on Sweden around 1600 if Sweden is in existence and not a Danish vassal: the secession from the union succeeded.

It will make a Kalmar Union that survives, and a Denmark that manages to quash the secessionist Swedes strong - which is as it should be.

I agree with PE's solution. After all, trying to re-conquer lost territory was a very important factor behind the wars between Denmark and Sweden. :)

There are numerous events that can simulate the turbulence in the Union during the reigns of Christian I., Hans and particularly Christian II *shudder*.

Event suggestions:
Engelbrekt.
Sten Sture - beat Chr. I in a battle and was elected "riksforstander" (regent) in 1470.
Knut Alvsson - rebelled against Hans in Norway. Killed in 1502 by treacherous backstabbing Henrik Krummedike ;)

And more...

Originally posted by Arnou
Was the Union of Kalamar the similer to the Hansenic League if you incorperate the member countries in Kalamar to one country then you would have to do it for the Hansenic League as well.

the union of calmar and the hanseatic leauge was two very different things

Which is entirely historical; the Union of Kalmar was the most powerful nation in northern Europe...

It was the largest country in Europe at some times, but most powerful in northern Europe, I'm not so sure, if Denmark would wage war, I'm doubtful that Sweden would have sent many troops to fight for their Danish lords,

on paper, yes, in real life, no, I do not think that the Kalmar Union was very powerful.