• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What's supposed to be the difference? It seems to be exactly the same as the original. :confused:

I really can't hear any difference between your soundfiles and the vanilla. Is my hearing working badly or... ?

Chuckle i also noticed this but thought it was just my hearing :rofl:

I didnt comment as this sub forum you are not allowed to comment.Which is why my mini-mod posts here have links to other threads for discussion.
No doubt the mods will clean it up when they wander here.

So is there a new JR soundmod?Is it a new link in last post?

doc.gif

Dr Rare said:
Chuckle i also noticed this but thought it was just my hearing :rofl:

So is there a new JR soundmod?Is it a new link in last post?

Man i feel stupid :( No there isn't a new version available yet, i am 25-ish% done.
When i am finished i will post it in a new thread at HoI2's forum to avoid total shame.

Last edited:
Didn't know I wasn't allowed to reply here, didn't bother to look to what forum the link took me. But hey, it was quite helpfull that I posted. Looking forward to the new version. :)

Nikolai II said:
I moved the thread to another forum, since it wasn't a download thread anymore - so feel free to keep chatting now ;)

I thought you were dead or something. Men tydligen lever du och finns fortfarande på forumet. :p

Nikolai II said:
I moved the thread to another forum, since it wasn't a download thread anymore - so feel free to keep chatting now ;)

YAY lets chat! blah blah blah.

Seriously, since i am remaking the sfx mod plz tell me if you want anything in particular?
Realistic sounds?
I already got a communications guy saying hi when clicking a land unit :cool:

JRHINDO said:
YAY lets chat! blah blah blah.
Yeah yay ok ,blah ,blah,I like penguins ,but hate smurfs!what about you :D
JRHINDO said:
Seriously, since i am remaking the sfx mod plz tell me if you want anything in particular?
Realistic sounds?
I already got a communications guy saying hi when clicking a land unit :cool:
Wouldnt it be better if he said JA!!!

Ok Seriously ,i don't know the limits or possibility's with modding the sound ,but i would like to hear realistic battle sounds,some screaming Stuka dive bombers would be cool!but i suppose that only possible if separate country's can have there own sound effects if so Chinese communist Bugle calls would be good!

doc.gif

Dr Rare said:
Yeah yay ok ,blah ,blah,I like penguins ,but hate smurfs!what about you :D
I like guns, peanuts, bananas and dogs :D

Dr Rare said:
Ok Seriously ,i don't know the limits or possibility's with modding the sound ,but i would like to hear realistic battle sounds,some screaming Stuka dive bombers would be cool!but i suppose that only possible if separate country's can have there own sound effects if so Chinese communist Bugle calls would be good!

I noticed (and probably everyone) some sfx actions got more than 1 sound, like battle ship combat it got 3. I am gonna experiment adding some sounds to other stuff to see if they activate.

*click soldier*
Clip (lock and load)
*click soldier*
yes?
*click soldier*
whaaat?
*click soldier*
i am out of here!
*LOL*

Making fully different sfx for nations would be painstaking!
I already don't find very much sfx on the net , i am also trying to rip some other game's sfx to use it for the mod, so imagine looking for a Chinese bugle call. But i think if we can get some voice actors to say: "yes?" in french, german, spanish, chineese, russian and english, that would be a good start :eek:

Last edited:
JRHINDO said:
*click soldier*
Clip (lock and load)
*click soldier*
yes?
*click soldier*
whaaat?
*click soldier*
i am out of here!
*LOL*

That sounds a bit too american and Red Alert-ish for my taste... :p
However I'm still interested in what the final product will be. :)

Van der Gent said:
I thought you were dead or something. Men tydligen lever du och finns fortfarande på forumet. :p

Reports of my death are greatly exaggarated. :cool:

Oh, and don't overdo the chatting permit, or I'll have to send you to OT ;)

Seriously, though - yea, I'm not around every day, but unless I am awol I should be dropping in on a daily or bi-daily basis. Which is more or less enough given which forums I moderate :D

Van der Gent said:
That sounds a bit too american and Red Alert-ish for my taste... :p
However I'm still interested in what the final product will be. :)

Didn't checked if you can add sounds yet, slept through all day with headache :(

Any mods know if there you can add parallel sfx for actions?

edit: 200th post : )

Last edited:
Alright i tried adding parallel sfx to the army selection sound but i didn't here it while playing. :(
So i guess i will have to work with the little space i have, until someone proves me i was doing something wrong.

I am going to make a topic about this on the HoI2 forum, just to make sure i didn't miss something.

JRHINDO said:
Alright i tried adding parallel sfx to the army selection sound but i didn't here it while playing. :(
So i guess i will have to work with the little space i have, until someone proves me i was doing something wrong.

I am going to make a topic about this on the HoI2 forum, just to make sure i didn't miss something.

Post me a link to your hoi2 thread and i will follow it!
Some guys at the Road To Victory forum are working on a huge Hoi2 sound Mod, that evidently will also work with hoi1 which promises to have MG42 machine gun sounds and all sorts so there must be people out there in Hoi2 land that can answer your questions.

Dr

Dr Rare said:
Post me a link to your hoi2 thread and i will follow it!
Some guys at the Road To Victory forum are working on a huge Hoi2 sound Mod, that evidently will also work with hoi1 which promises to have MG42 machine gun sounds and all sorts so there must be people out there in Hoi2 land that can answer your questions.

Dr

Road to victory? whats that?
Ma thread:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371003