• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Use your imagination, mate! :p

Macopsissa belongs to the Sardi. To the Romans, they were known as "pelliti", which means "fur-covered". The Sardi were tough warriors, who held off the Roman expansion for a long time. That's about all we know. But why were they fur-covered? Were they shepherds perhaps? How come they were so warlike? And why, more importantly, did the Phoenicians supposedly call the capital of the Sardi "town jewel"? Was it more than a tribal village, perhaps? I'd speculate some more if I were you. ;)

Thanks for showing interest, btw.

Last edited:
I'm surprised no-one did this one before but here it goes:

Veii:
Small settlements were scattered over a wider area than the plateau as far back as the Bronze Age. Archeological findings indicate several villages on the plateau dating from early 200 years before Rome was founded, in the the Early Iron Age, which appear to have been independent settlements. Population gradually increased and near the same time Rome was founded the site assumed an urban appearance with city blocks in a grid pattern arranged around a central square containing a water cistern. Dug out evidence suggests that the city of Veii was shaped into its classical form by a population, probably Etruscan, first settling there in the third century before the founding of Rome.
It soon became a city where the disparity of classes was obvious, and it's foreign policies, specifically toward the fledgling Roman Republic, were changed many times.

Spoletium was founded after 245 AUC by some Umbrian tribes, I think.

Also I'd like to express my infinite admiration for the mod and I hope to help more later.

If I may be so bold, I'd suggest a more fictional approach. "Archeological findings indicate..." is of course correct, but maybe you could write it as if someone who lived in 245 AUC described the city. It gives the game a more genuine feeling. Anyway, thanks for your support. :)

Genua

The origins of the founding of Genua ( from ligurian Zena ) remain obscure, although at roughly the same time that the Greeks for Marseilles, one can argue that the Ligurian and Etruscan - even the Greeks - occupied this site since the fifth century Jesus Christ. It was Rome who, along with Genua fought alongside him in the Punic Wars, and shows support for implementation of maritime potential of the place and is also from Genua that the romanization of Liguria began

Genua

The origins of the founding of Genua ( from ligurian Zena ) remain obscure, although at roughly the same time that the Greeks for Marseilles, one can argue that the Ligurian and Etruscan - even the Greeks - occupied this site since the fifth century Jesus Christ. It was Rome who, along with Genua fought alongside him in the Punic Wars, and shows support for implementation of maritime potential of the place and is also from Genua that the romanization of Liguria began

I will start with
Scodra inhabitated since mid eigth century bc by the illyrian tribe of Labeatii since the end of fifth century bc the illyrian tribe of the ardiaei extended their dominion in this province as well. there they founded the city of scodra which in lees than a century by 302 bc had 20000 souls and became capital of the illyrian northern kingdom under the dynasty of the ardiaei. their king pleuratii I by 280 bc was watching toward king monun of the Tulantii dynasty to wrest the power from him and form a unified illyrian kingdom.
Taulantii this need to be divided in two provinces the interior taulantii proper since the eigth century bc here we have an illyrian federation formed under king galaur I. the taulantian dynasty came into power in Illyria after clitus revolt was crushed by alexander the great. Glaukia was the first king of the taulantii to invade dyrrachium as well as apolonia after failing in the first attempts. he even invaded epir and made taulantii the capital of illyria.
Dyrrhacium, exist as a city proper since 627 bc created by colons from corcyra. since the fifth century minted its own silver drachmes. dominated by greek colons politically since fifth century its majority of population was illyrian though. By the end of fith century it was the biggest city of adriatic. in 4 century bc fell prey to illyrian and macedonian kings apetite for its lucrative market and harbour a center of trade for the whole of illyria. it had itw own doric temple of artemis since 520 bc as well as strong walls of first half of 5 th century bc.

Descartes said:
If I may be so bold, I'd suggest a more fictional approach. "Archeological findings indicate..." is of course correct, but maybe you could write it as if someone who lived in 245 AUC described the city. It gives the game a more genuine feeling. Anyway, thanks for your support.

Hmm... I might be persuaded to do so...
Let me try to rephrase Veii, then (drama alert!)

Created during the time Gods themselves walked the Earth, perhaps even by the Gods, Veii stands proud as the bearer of civilization, religion, and, of course, the Veiian way of life to all of it's neighbors - whether they like it or not!
Despite the increasingly hostile relations to it's surrounding nations, especially the Romans, Veii prospers, as it always did.
While the poor citizens of Veii may be a bit poorer then other nations' poor people, who cares - they're made to be oppressed, after all!

The people of Veii are tough, hardy and patriotic people and will defend their homes at all costs, from enemies both outside and inside it's mighty city walls. Enemies, beware!

_ _ _

It won't make any sense if Veii gets it's arse kicked though :/ If you can find someone who can do the drama thing properly, feel free to speak, I'll just send him the info and he can do the rest.
Oh well, that's the world we live in.