• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

harlikwin667

Captain
49 Badges
Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Iron Cross
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome Gold
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
So I'm using this mod along with ISmap and a few others.

My main question is that I've read that various variants can be combined into 1 mech. However I'm not seeing this happen. I've got 2 PNT-9R 2 PNT-9ALG and PNT-8Z (5 parts to make a mech). And it aint happenin. Am I doing something wrong or is there another mod I need?

Assembly of variants is part of Adjusted Mech Assembly

https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/93

Be advised that using these 2 mods together will cause the 75 ton prototype Stalker to count as parts for your 85 ton actual Stalkers, unless you add them to the exemptions list at the end of the AMA settings file.

Ok,

So Installed the mod, but now after any mission, win loose whatever, after the salvage is allocated I end up with the argo on the screen and nothing else. I.e. no way to advance the game, no menus etc. Is this a known bug? (new game)

What other mods are you using?

Edited: Here is the actual list

Ismap mod.
Random travel contracts
Gt weapons variants
Jk variants
Perm evasion
Drop cost
Mech maintance by cost
Company salvage mod
random campaign start

Interestingly if I now remove the mod and load up an older save game, I now have 130million Cbills. Even really old saves.

Last edited:
Well I pulled the company salvage mode in the hope it would fix it, but no joy there either. Its a super wierd error, you end up with a screen of just the argo in orbit, and none of the menus. You can still hit escape to quit though, and the game "seems" to be running. But no side menu to do anything, or the advance time/pause button.

Anyone have any thoughts? I'd love to be able to use the variants.

Sorry for the delayed responses - been working on some new mods, RL Work and of course spending time with my family so my kids don't forget what I look like ;)

If you can PM me with a ZIP file link of your whole Mods folder, I will poke around in it. I can't guarantee I will be able to fix a conflict between multiple mods, but I may be able to at least identify the culprit.

Typically speaking, I have stayed away from editing CORE game files and no DLL edits, in an effort to keep the JK_Variants mod as compatibility friendly as possible. But there could be a conflict with what someone else did.

Thanks!

If you want to post the complete mods folder, I'll look at it. Its very hard to troubleshoot a list of mods alone, as I don't know which versions of the mods, ModTek & BTML they are at a glance.

But, all the same, that is one of the things I really like about the ModPacks (like Rogue Tech, Consolidated Company Commander, No Guts No Galaxy) - they do all the hard work of making things compatible so us plebes don't have to ;)

Hmm, that's interesting. Adjusted Mech Assembly shouldn't interact with JK's variants directly. The default Assembly mod does have an exclusion list built into it which I removed for my mod. I wonder if that is somehow doing something strange.

Thanks for the offer Justin. I ended up nuking it though. It was definately an issue between jk variants and adjusted mech assembly.

I've been doing rouge tech, with a few minor issues instead.

I think the actual issue is a conflict with BATTLETECH 1.1.0/1.1.1 and the Adjusted Mech Assembly mod - as I am seeing the error with just that mod itself loaded.

Maybe a DLL issue? I don't know :(

Anyway, good news for you, I believe Rogue Tech is integrating the JK Variants in - so they will be rebalanced to be integrated into the mod ;)

Yep, can verify that JK variants are in RT. I asked LadyAlekto about them regarding this question.