• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Enewald said:
But reading is harder. :p
And not everyone can read. ;)
And I am usually too lazy to read anything.
Except your aar comagoosie. :D

Because I love making nasty comments. :)
That's the only reason why to read some aar.
Thank you! I am a somewhat busy man! Er...I have the mp forum to check! The modding forum! (for some reason..) and the rome modding forum! (even if I only go there once a week), and don't forget the main EU3 forum! It would die without me! :p

spl said:
Thank you! I am a somewhat busy man! Er...I have the mp forum to check! The modding forum! (for some reason..) and the rome modding forum! (even if I only go there once a week), and don't forget the main EU3 forum! It would die without me! :p
Don't even start, I could so beat you ;)

Gameplay = fun but shallow
narrative = immersion

spl said:
Yeah...it also takes forever to catch up in a narrative! I won't fall behind this one!

forever is not the right word sometimes.
I am trying reading Timelines, and I would use the world eternity. :(
But there are some good small naarratives around the forums.
And yet those giants wait there. :wacko:

Eber- Haha, just a bit. As for the Italian minors, I'll probably switch between one and another depending on who will I focus in that chapter, but I'll mainly use Milan and the Papal State, while using sometimes the others, as Siena or Tuscany.

spl- You can always read a narrative AAR, is good for a change ;)

redwolf- Glad you're liking it! It'll certainly be an interesting battle.

EUROO7- You're welcome!

aldriq- I must catch your attention from the start ;)

Ahura Mazda- I hope you like it!

Update coming tonight or tomorrow, but hopefully soon, so spl and comagoosie stop spamming the thread discussing about narrative and gameplay AARs. :p :D

very good, i will wait for the update :D

Castor94- I hope it doesn't takes long, glad to have you around

spl- I know, I know, but work all day and my computer has been failing lately

Qorten- Just wait and you'll see, remember this will be a little ahistorical

Chapter I
Reminiscences of Siena​

“Giovanni! Giovanni! Wait for me!” the girl shouted behind him.

Giovanni kept running across the streets of Siena, apparently ignoring the call from behind.

“Catch me if you can.” he responded, while he sprinted.

The streets of the city were crowded, so Giovanni kept bumping into people that were passing. He looked behind sometimes, but never slowed down. He would reach the Piazza del Campo soon. The city had recently declared independence from the Duchy of Milan, after five years under Milanese rule and now the city was entering a period of prosperity, even with Florence menacing the northern border.

He was now running through the Piazza, heading towards the Palazzo Publico where he could hide from Anna until she gave up, he would then go out and look for her. But as he was about to reach the building, he crashed with a man that was exiting.

“Watch out where you are going boy.” said the man.

At first, Giovanni didn’t recognize the man, but after he was surrounded by soldiers that made him stood up, he looked to the man again and suddenly he recognize him.

“Your Highness!” the man Giovanni had encountered with was no other than Francesco Petrucci, member of one of the ruling families of Siena and famous for his volatile character and impatience. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you, please forgive me”

A circle of curious people had formed around the soldiers and were expectant of knowing what would happen with Giovanni. Anna had just arrived and joined the circle, she watched the whole situation in a confused way, like saying: “What did you do this time?”

“What do you want us to do with him, sir?” asked one of the soldiers.

Petrucci pierced Giovanni with his look, while he thought what to do.

“May this be the last time I see around here, I don’t have time to be dealing with scum like you” he said before leaving, with the soldiers following him. The crowd soon dispersed. Anna smiled and said:

“So… what was it?

“He got in my way” responded Giovanni smiling too.

“Really?”

“That’s right, he should look where he is going.”
“Sure Giovanni, sure.”

“Don’t believe then, let’s go somewhere else.”

She was really pretty, Giovanni thought: long golden hair, bright blue eyes, gracious body, a smile that could make a man go crazy and completing all that, an outgoing personality that made her very popular among the top families of Siena, where she belonged. That was the very issue that would keep them apart in the future. While she was member of one of the most prestigious families of Siena, the Piccolomini, he was the son of a less own artist, although he wish was to join the army.

***​

“This will probably be the last time we’ll see, Giovanni.”

“Why?”

“You know perfectly why.”

“Your father? You shouldn’t care what he thinks.”

“He’s my father Giovanni, even if I don’t care, he’s my father, you know I’m marrying as well…”

“But…”

“In Milan, and I won’t return, you know it”

“Anna, you know I love you, how can you leave me?”

“Remember that time when we ran across the city? And I keep chasing you?”

“Yes, how could I forget that day?”

“Then you will also remember I kept shouting wait for me, wait for me”

Giovanni smile bitterly while assenting with the head.

“This time it won’t be that way, this time it will be don’t wait for me. Don’t wait for me Giovanni, because we’ll never see again. Goodbye.”

A tear appeared in Anna’s eye as she got up and exited the room.

***​

“Goodbye…”

“Giovanni, Giovanni, wake up.”
“What?” Giovanni opened and closed his eyes several times accustoming them to the daylight.

“Are you all right? You seem agitated.

“Yes, it was only a bad dream.”

“Well, know that you are awake, get up and get ready.”

“What is it now, Giuseppe?”

“The captain wants to speak with us, it seems to be urgent.”

“I’ll be ready in five minutes.”

Giovanni exited the barracks and formed along with his companions. Moments later, captain Michele Rossi appeared in the patio and stood up in front of his soldiers.

“Soldiers! I have very bad news. It’s been almost ten years since we got rid of the Milanese and we thought it was for good. But know it seems they want to take the city back. Duke Visconti has decided to invade Siena, and the Republic is ready to respond, so all available troops are expected to march north as soon as possible, so get ready, we leave this afternoon. We are going to war.”

Great start, but I don't like the way you incorporated two cliffhangers into the AAR. Now I will have to keep on reading :D

Now, let see what happen in this incoming sienna-milan war

Damn, I was looking forward to the swordfight and now you drop another cliffhanger?

Great stuff though. Sad for Giovanni over the loss of his beloved Anna though I suspect they will meet again.

Qorten- Haha, exactly.

Slinky- I knew some of you wouldn't like what I did, but I promise I won't do it again, or at least not soon ;)

spl- To war!!

Castor94- We'll see how it goes, hopefully good

redwolf- Actually I was looking forward as well, but first I must build the momentum.

Enewald- I'm sorry, I promise next will be longer, writing at work doesn't help that much :p

robou- That would be funny :D

comagoosie- That's right! War will make Giovanni forget about Anna, at least for now.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Update coming this weekend!