Italy-Aussa subjugation- new units created?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

stormsand9

Captain
10 Badges
Aug 11, 2022
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
It appears that when ToA released, or in one of the recent patches after release, Italy now creates 2 units from Aussa when they annex them
20240317232149_1.jpg

20240317232029_1.jpg

This is either presumably a new addition, or something that was always intended to happen and was fixed. Personally I am under the conspiracy theory that this was done to help the Italian AI on historical at least send Ethiopia into exile around June-August 1936, instead of in games before ToA where they usually didnt accomplish that until September 1936+!

Either way this change now makes Italy OP. (/s)

By the way while you've stopped by this thread- when you play historical Italy, do you just annex Ethiopia and be done with it? Or do you move to form the Italian East Africa puppet? Or do you Balkanize Ethiopia? Or do you semi-balkanize Ethiopia? I myself just annex Ethiopia and be done with it, always failing the secure ethiopia mussolini mission. Somewhat related, but I was thinking of making a detailed steam guide on the benefits of breaking Ethiopia up into 10 puppets.

Reactions:
By the way while you've stopped by this thread- when you play historical Italy, do you just annex Ethiopia and be done with it? Or do you move to form the Italian East Africa puppet? Or do you Balkanize Ethiopia? Or do you semi-balkanize Ethiopia? I myself just annex Ethiopia and be done with it, always failing the secure ethiopia mussolini mission. Somewhat related, but I was thinking of making a detailed steam guide on the benefits of breaking Ethiopia up into 10 puppets.
I went the route of creating multiple puppets when playing Italy right after the release of BBA - I overall liked the idea, but sadly a bug prevented the getting the correct puppet leaders (reported multiple times, e.g. here https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ased-puppets-if-ethiopia-is-in-exile.1592030/ , but I don't remember having seen a fix mentioned in a changlog)

Reactions:
I like to annex and then use the GBP doctrine. Just keep a garrison there to prevent the British from taking it back. I have to say, I have found playing Italy quite challenging recently - Ethiopia in question - you just don't get enough time to capture the territory.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The 2 Ethiopian regions with the rubber are the best- in the peace conference when you balkanize Ethiopia, you can ofc demand resource rights in that area- and when both those puppets do the focus that adds 8 base rubber to their state- the resource rights are retained and go straight to Italy. This helps them so much with rubber- unfortunately the randomness of those focus trees can still hurt- I usually find at least 1 of them has developed and added rubber by about mid '38- but you have no idea how much I'd love to be able to control the focus' our puppets do- or at least influence them. Releasing Italian Croatia as a collab gov is almost always an upside for example because 95% of the time they'll beeline the military factory focus' then the civilian factory focus' and ofc 75% of that is going to you.

• 1Like
Reactions: