• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MouseMouse987

Recruit
7 Badges
Oct 20, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
Hi, I'm new here and have been playing Prison Architect since about a year ago when it was still owned by Introversion. Currently, I'm living in my college dorm and we have been having major issues with the wifi. I usually have to open Steam offline due to either having no wifi or the school firewall blocking Steam from connecting to the internet (this firewall issue has been happening for years and has nothing to do with the current issue, but I think that mentioning this ongoing issue is it's important for context/ future possible issues with use of PA).
Usually, I am able to play any single player/offline game that I have downloaded, including Prison Architect. But due to the new launch screen, I am unable to play PA because the Paradox launcher can't connect to the internet.

Could Paradox add more support for offline play for people who had shoddy wifi? Like, an ability to just sense if the player has steam launched in offline mode and then have some alternate launch screen for offline use? Or just, uh, remove the launcher? Otherwise, I'm thinking I might have to use my old drm-free copy of PA that I got when I originally purchased PA from Humble Bundle since I think I can use it offline. Which I don't super want to do since I really liked the features that Paradox has added to make gameplay more convenient, like the feature to call guards to an area.

Last edited: