• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Valkherya

Recruit
Feb 11, 2023
i have noted an issue with joseph goebels that his facism bonus is not apply properly it gives a way less than it suppose to. there is an error on the text of the caracter or in the effects it is suppose to apply

Not a tech support issue so moved to main forum. If the community agrees it's likely to be a bug, post in Bug Reports please.

i have noted an issue with joseph goebels that his facism bonus is not apply properly it gives a way less than it suppose to. there is an error on the text of the caracter or in the effects it is suppose to apply
What level of support for fascism is there already?

Daily ideology change is scaled based on existing support for that ideology. If you hire a fascist demogogue in a country with 0% fascism, you get the full rate of change. If you already have high fascism, the rate of change is reduced.

Reactions:
when im starting the game with german joseph goebels is suppose to give 0.1 facism support and 10% war effort with 60 % facism support but it only gives 0.01 when the others for communism and democratic gives both the 0.1 support at 20 % . so basicly what you are saying is that is absolutly normal ?????

when im starting the game with german joseph goebels is suppose to give 0.1 facism support and 10% war effort with 60 % facism support but it only gives 0.01 when the others for communism and democratic gives both the 0.1 support at 20 % . so basicly what you are saying is that is absolutly normal ?????
so goebels is useless unless your facism go too low right ???

• 2Like
Reactions:
Yes, the more of an ideology you have the less of it you gain.

In a optimal run, the Goebels should be the first politician u pick-up, then "War Economy" ... Goebels + Rhineland will give enough war support for "War Economy".

1676121788387.png

Reactions:
much thx for the answer i asked for i put in on the test and now i see that it work properly in game . my problem was cause at some point it only looks like an 0 issues i mean it was 10 % what it was suppose to be so i figured at the time that was probably a 0.1 turn into a 0.01 issue but now i see that it s working properly its just like you said lower in time when your faction support going higher. thx again for the support and the answer . sorry if i sound weird but im a french guys . i guess that you already figured that my main language was not english.

• 1Like
Reactions:
In a optimal run, the Goebels should be the first politician u pick-up, then "War Economy" ... Goebels + Rhineland will give enough war support for "War Economy".

View attachment 946417
300 pp for -5% consumer goods and mil construction you won't need till later isn't worth rushing at all. free trade first always
krupp isn't really worth either, nor is bormann if you aren't taking him very early on (but really just do political loyalty instead)

Reactions:
Where'd you find this list? It isn't optimal and is outdated in fact. I'm pretty sure most guides reccomend Germany get Free trade early for all its bonus, and switch off of it in late '38 or early '39, and you have extensive conscription before getting your chiefs of army, navy and airforce for xp gain?

Reactions:
300 pp for -5% consumer goods and mil construction you won't need till later isn't worth rushing at all. free trade first always
krupp isn't really worth either, nor is bormann if you aren't taking him very early on (but really just do political loyalty instead)
- Free trade is a cliché, Germany start with few CIV's, so with few MIL's and CIV's these 10%+ effect's(the difference between laws) doesn't make much, is much better pile up extra factories at begin... in other words, 10% of zero is zero. ... but with the -5% consumer goods, u get 5~6 extra civs just at begin.
- Dont require 300 pp but 150, i don't know why(because peace time?).
- I don't find worth trade law to switch in 2 years.
- The Krupp ahead of Borman, is because to stack industrial research(the research focuses bonus end very close).
- Germany have lots of -% consumer goods stack effects(like yugoslavia aircraft purchase), my playstyle is about pileup effects to "snowball".

Where'd you find this list? It isn't optimal and is outdated in fact. I'm pretty sure most guides reccomend Germany get Free trade early for all its bonus, and switch off of it in late '38 or early '39, and you have extensive conscription before getting your chiefs of army, navy and airforce for xp gain?
- I made this list myself, i just keep updating with newer version, but i didn't have time to proper publicize yet.
- I explained free trade above.
- Yeah i rush army exp for templates / doctrines. These chiefs of army don't make much difference in 1940 wars, but, theyre important for barbarrosa.

Free trade is a cliché, Germany start with few CIV's, so with few MIL's and CIV's these 10%+ effect's(the difference between laws) doesn't make much, is much better pile up extra factories at begin... in other words, 10% of zero is zero. ... but with the -5% consumer goods, u get 5~6 extra civs just at begin.
it's so funny to me when people say these things that are demonstrably false by opening up the game and pressing 3 buttons. what is the point? is "being right" that important to you?

anyway as Germany you start with 60 factories - 28 mils and 32 civs. -5% cgoods = +3 civ factories, 3/32 = 9.4% increase in civ output. meanwhile going from limited to free trade gets you 10% more civ output (so already better), plus 10% factory/dockyard output and 9% more research speed which are huge. especially if you can get tradebacks from Italy there's no other pp use more valuable than limited-free trade. even if you can't (SP) it's still probably worth it, and getting half of the above bonuses by going to export focus is likely worthwhile too.
Dont require 300 pp but 150, i don't know why(because peace time?).
150 from Gobbels + 150 from war eco = 300. 150 from free trade = 150.
I don't find worth trade law to switch in 2 years.
well, it simply is worthwhile. even if you're just going export focus only Schacht and maybe the mil guy will have a better impact on your economy.
The Krupp ahead of Borman, is because to stack industrial research(the research focuses bonus end very close).
why take Bormann at all then? get your economy snowball rolling early. the +15% pp guys take years to pay off, if you aren't taking them first or second they probably aren't worth it (and probably aren't worth it period).
anyway that 15% industry research speed is still probably not worth it over air research speed, industry boosts, or even XP. if you're so worried about juggling the industry bonuses from 4yp (which don't even put you in a significantly better position that if you'd just taken it 1st or 2nd focus) i'd just hold a focus or take the dockyards one.
Germany have lots of -% consumer goods stack effects(like yugoslavia aircraft purchase), my playstyle is about pileup effects to "snowball".
ignoring the obvious edge case of negative consumer goods, a 5% difference is a 5% difference regardless of how low or high your cgoods are. they're additive bonuses, "stacking" them won't do anything special for your snowball.

• 3Like
Reactions:
150 from Gobbels + 150 from war eco = 300. 150 from free trade = 150.

In really since u never need change Goebels or trade law again, just sitting with that til end of war, u saved 300 PP.

Goebels is useful near entire game because also, increase party popularity, so the stability bonus.

The method i use to make these guide is:
Long time decision/minister is picked up early, reducing switches.

anyway as Germany you start with 60 factories - 28 mils and 32 civs. -5% cgoods = +3 civ factories, 3/32 = 9.4% increase in civ output.

My worries is that 1936 starting germany can't even fill 2 full rows with civ building, need more factories ASAP. i don't remenber values at top head, but its have 9 or 12 free, and if they player is worried with air, theres the rubber importing.

The math behind of % is simple:

Let's assume that 15 CIVS are capable of producing 1 CIV per month.
In 10 months they will have produced 10 extra CIV.

Production math works like this, if you have a 10% bonus, it means you will complete 100% in 10 months. that is, in 10 months the 15 CIVS will have produced 11 CIVS instead of 10.

However, instead of going after that 10% bonus, we changed the law, and got 5 extra civs. 5 Civs is a 33% production capacity of 15. its means that in 10 months we will have produced 13 civs(133%).

That's the theory, in practice we'll have to see how many extra factories we get by changing the law.

The 10% surely its pay off, but in a very long term, in that case as germany, we will have 2~3 years only of CIV building. Run for Free Trade seems more like a USA or USSR meta, because they enter later in the war.

why take Bormann at all then? get your economy snowball rolling early. the +15% pp guys take years to pay off, if you aren't taking them first or second they probably aren't worth it (and probably aren't worth it period).
anyway that 15% industry research speed is still probably not worth it over air research speed, industry boosts, or even XP. if you're so worried about juggling the industry bonuses from 4yp (which don't even put you in a significantly better position that if you'd just taken it 1st or 2nd focus) i'd just hold a focus or take the dockyards one.

Too many different versions of the game meddling with war support make me used to be worried about PP and war support.
Thats why i rush for goebbels / bormman.

About industry research is that i noticed we complet the industry focus close to the time to have 150 pp, with all that bonus i complete all 1937 industry very early on.

I use the method of "rotation" and i dont mix reseach types, i mean the years of industry research(1936-1937), i research only industry and eletronics, this work so well at some point i don't have "useful" stuff to research at year, thei go to "extras" or 'fancy' stuff.
The 1938 only infantry/army related stuff, and keep going, 1939 industry again... etc.

I dont research air early, i prefer spam the cheap models.

Last edited:
Reactions:
That's the theory, in practice we'll have to see how many extra factories we get by changing the law.
A real quick point here is that the +construction speed from free trade applies to the full stack of 15. Simply having more civs wouldn't help the project the full stack is working on, it has to work on a new project which might be in a different state, with a worse infrastructure boost. It will therefore result in a shorter interval between the next civ being being and added to the last stack, which will help build the next civ that bit faster. If the bonuses to speed are comparable (in this case, 10%), then the speed boost would most likely get the snowball rolling earlier.

• 3Like
Reactions:
A real quick point here is that the +construction speed from free trade applies to the full stack of 15. Simply having more civs wouldn't help the project the full stack is working on, it has to work on a new project which might be in a different state, with a worse infrastructure boost. It will therefore result in a shorter interval between the next civ being being and added to the last stack, which will help build the next civ that bit faster. If the bonuses to speed are comparable (in this case, 10%), then the speed boost would most likely get the snowball rolling earlier.
Even with a new civ built "more quick", dont paid off on short term.

i explained that on post above. the difference between free trade and limited exports is 10%.
10% on stack of 15, even if that stack build 1 factory month will paid off only in 10 months.(thats how industries IRL calculate production debts, the amount of % to reach 100% tell the time to paid off).

In other side, the 5 extra civs(and i guess can be 7) is 33% more production capacity, just at first 2 month of the game,
u will have 20 civs producing new civs.

if is 7, is 50% of 15.
One row take 1 months to complete, the 2 row with 7 take 2 months. every 2 months is 3 civs. in 10 months will be produced 15 factories.
Meanwhile if the player choose to stick with the 10% will take 5,6 months(30days - 10% = 27 days) to reach 50%(7 new civs).

anyway we must run a test, i can be very wrong. germany have lots of 80% infra that can be used to test.

Last edited:
Reactions:
In other side, the 5 extra civs(and i guess can be 7) is 33% more production capacity, just at first 2 month of the game,
u will have 20 civs producing new civs.

if is 7, is 50% of 15.
Your example here is more or less mathematically sound, but the values are so out of whack that it isn't really much you can actually take away from it. Yes, getting comparatively more of one thing than the other would skew the outcomes to favour the one that we gave the larger boost to. A 50% boost in civs compared to a 10% boost in speed, is heavily weighted to favour the civs.

pro.gamer already told you that going to war eco would start at +3 civs, not 5 and I have no idea why you would increase that all the way to 7 at the start of this process. We also don't start with only 15 civs, but 23 which makes the +3 about a 13% increase, not 50% (and not 9.4% either, lol). A full stack of 15 being able to build 10 factories in a month is also absurd, it takes 2 or 3 months to even build one.
anyway we must run a test
What sort of conditions do you have in mind for testing? Is this a raw eco benchmark sort of thing?

• 3Like
Reactions: