• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Draconian88

Recruit
10 Badges
May 28, 2023
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Prison Architect
Devs need to see this post !!!!!!
I Keep having issues with contraband in my prisons, i decided to science the issue.
I had my prison banged up for 4 days and every time that my contraband search would complete i would instantly start a new one.

this happened for about 10 minutes on max speed, then i noticed and issue with the code of the game.
the information tab was open so i could see supply and demand for the contraband and i noticed something that triggered me , i was quiet angry.

the contraband supply was artificially increasing, during the Shakedown., it would also rise while the games was paused, this issue needs to be addressed as this defeats the purpose of the metal detectors and prevention of contraband entering the prison.

Please fix this mistake to the game. PS, if you would like to recreate this? its as simple as following the steps i did, this can be repeated and i can supply footage if you want proof of your mistake

Hey there, so contraband is abstract to a degree due to limitations on AI, programming, and computer power back in 2012-2015 when Prison Architect was initially created. Even in new games these days a lot of things appear to the player to be simulated perfectly, but in the code there's often shortcuts occuring.

Outside of this, deliveries still bring in contraband. And there's a degree of 'human error' involved with bringing contraband into the prison. Not everything will be caught because it's not caught IRL.

Also, the final update for Prison Architect has been released. There are no developers working on the game anymore. You can read more on it here: https://pdxint.at/PASunsetUpdate