Is this game ever going to be updated?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Been an entire year since I made this thread, DLC2 still isn't released. That is absolutely wild.
It will never be released. The longer time goes on the fewer people will remember and/or care about it. I truly sympathize with the people who pre-ordered the DLC and think it's shameless what Romero and Paradox have done about it (nothing), but it will never see the light of day. Romero has already moved on to an FPS.

There’s hints that it’s being worked on. So everyone is quiet now. No evidence, of course.

If this game had the same versatile modding support and community Imperator had, it could have the same resurgence that game is having right now directly due to content creators hyping the game up. But EoS is magnitudes deader than Imperator right now, so I don't think that will be happening.

If this game had the same versatile modding support and community Imperator had, it could have the same resurgence that game is having right now directly due to content creators hyping the game up. But EoS is magnitudes deader than Imperator right now, so I don't think that will be happening.

The problem is Imperator is relatively easy to mod as it's similar to other games like EU4 and such. EoS is very different. Romero was supposed to release mod tools to allow the community to mod, but they never released them. So the only mods we can do are pretty surface-level.

If this game is actually being worked on again can we expect any kind of dev diaries? As at the moment it feels like we’ve been given a nod and a wink, which someone had to literally beg for, which resulted in shutting everybody up about it.

The problem is the lack of even a rough timeline. It could be 20 years before we see any kind of DLC and they would still be technically fulfilling what they have told us to date - and because of their manipulation around the Steam rules, we cant even ask for a refund.

I think we all know legal action isnt likely to go anywhere - and the impacted audience is likely very small by this point, so we cant expect any kind of industry reaction outside of these forums.

That leaves the slim hope that someone at Paradox actually cares about the player/customer. Personally, I will be shocked if we even get real acknowledgement in 2024 and any kind of movement (which I doubt will ever be more than a refund for the second DLC only) prior to 2028.

It is disgraceful.

• 3Like
Reactions:
It is indeed disgraceful that they're still taking preorders for an expansion that is probably never going to come out. But I guess it takes a major backlash for Paradox to actually do anything about this.

People should honestly start emailing major news outlets and hope one of them picks up the story, I might do that myself honestly.

Edit: This is not a call for a boycott or a petition so I''ve not broken any forum rules.
I'm just tired of no one doing anything about this, I've now emailed some of the larger news outlets and hope that either Paradox DOES SOMETHING about this or the backlash comes and they're hopefully forced to.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Things have been steadily going worse since PDX went public. As long as the investors get their money, the investors stay happy. And as long as money keeps coming in, the customer and quality of service doesn't really matter.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Things have been steadily going worse since PDX went public. As long as the investors get their money, the investors stay happy. And as long as money keeps coming in, the customer and quality of service doesn't really matter.
Paradox, the Manchester United of gaming companies (along with EA and Activision Blizzard).