Is there any new dev diary coming up soon?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Eh, I'm actually enjoying the complete radio silence. Next expansion/patch won't be until Q1, possibly Q2, next year at the earliest so no point hyping up die-hard fans until then. It's actually really professional from the devs/marketing team. Like, look at the disaster Victoria 3 communication is right now, half the dev team is commenting across five platforms and that game is both perfect and not what some people were expecting.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
I don't really understand the point of circling around that twitter statement as if it mattered.

Game devs on social media usually take the worst possible questions to answer, in terms of response value. What I mean is if there is someone asking about something very specific and someone asking "uhmmm what country is this studio located at?", they are infinitely more likely to respond to the second question.

So when someone makes an obviously exaggerated question like "are dev diaries EVER coming back?? :eek::eek::eek:" this is a golden opportunity for them to just say: yes, dev diaries WILL eventually come back.

So what? That answer is not meaningful at all, it is obvious. They shouldn't need someone to reassure us that, indeed, there WILL be updates on the development of the game from now until the end of times.

But personally I don't mind the silence precisely because I know they are doing something. When they have something ready, they will show it to us.

So to answer the question in the OP specifically in the most honest way:
Are there any dev diaries coming soon? We don't know, nobody knows, and they won't tell us anyway. Their twitter doesn't tell you anything more than that.

Reactions: