Is there a way to get Vichy territory up to the Rone after the armastice

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lean_XD

Second Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2023
Self-explanatory, as Italy I usually can get up to the Mersailes but by the time I reach it, it gets crowded by the British and French, who like to move almost all troops to my front (I counted).

Last edited:
Reactions:
Here are some suggestions-
1. Don't join Germany's war against Allies, just let them take out france all by themselves. once that's done, use one of your focus' to get a war goal or manually justify and invade them then since they're weak- Vichy cannot join any factions only be invited, and so long as you aren't at war, Vichy cannot join Allies. Or comintern for that matter.

2. Do not join Germany's call to war against Allies, but when Germany attacks Poland, justify on France manually. When the germans are going in on benelux, declare war on France, and either mass naval invade their south or north africa (french north africa has alot of steel) OR use some strategic paradrops. Since you are only at war with France for like 8 hours, You'll have naval superiority and air superiority to pull off those quick moves, wont be able to do shit once U.K joins.

3(untested). Do not join the Axis right up until Germany has conquered the benlux and attempting to break through northern france- if you're lucky, you can then join Axis and hopefully Germany immediately calls you into war/accepts your request to join them- meaning the Alps should be either not defended or very lightly defended. Hopefully break through to however much land you wish to seize.

Reactions:
1. Don't join Germany's war against Allies, just let them take out france all by themselves. once that's done, use one of your focus' to get a war goal or manually justify and invade them then since they're weak- Vichy cannot join any factions only be invited, and so long as you aren't at war, Vichy cannot join Allies. Or comintern for that matter.

2. Do not join Germany's call to war against Allies, but when Germany attacks Poland, justify on France manually. When the germans are going in on benelux, declare war on France, and either mass naval invade their south or north africa (french north africa has alot of steel) OR use some strategic paradrops. Since you are only at war with France for like 8 hours, You'll have naval superiority and air superiority to pull off those quick moves, wont be able to do shit once U.K joins.

3(untested). Do not join the Axis right up until Germany has conquered the benlux and attempting to break through northern france- if you're lucky, you can then join Axis and hopefully Germany immediately calls you into war/accepts your request to join them- meaning the Alps should be either not defended or very lightly defended. Hopefully break through to however much land you wish to seize.
Germany does not have to invite you to war, you can join, although only if Benelux has caped. I tested 3. multiple times, and my question arose from it in a way, if you just don't join Germany until Benelux caps you can get a nice head start in Savoy and North Africa, but the British will soon reinforce Marseilles and Toulon followed by French. If you are lucky you will have encircled the ports but they are hard to crack (I advise motorized divisions since they are cheap and possibly can take a port whilst it is not defended very well or at least can encircle ports and slow down reinforcements from the mainland) one side effect that I saw happen is that if you do this France will pull almost all troops from German front which will result in them caping incredibly fast, you might not even be able to reach Tunis by the time France caps. though this was only my experience and I've only tested it 4-5 times.

Also, there is a focus that gives you a war goal against France (or a justification, I'm not sure).
I will try 1st way.

Reactions:

Can I declare war on Vichy if Germany is guaranteeing them?

Can I declare war on Vichy if Germany is guaranteeing them?
Yes.

The rules are: if you are either in a faction with the guarantor, or also guaranteed by the guarantor, then the guarantee is not invoked. So Italy (in the Axis) could declare on Vichy France, or Turkey (gains a guarantee from Germany in ~1939 via their focus tree) could declare war on Vichy France, and neither would provoke a war with Germany.

If you are neither in a faction nor guaranteed by Germany, you can still declare war, but then Vichy could call Germany in against you.

Reactions: