• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aepdneds

Colonel
80 Badges
Apr 6, 2017
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Magicka
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Hi,

I had posted this in the multiplayer forum already two days ago, but after just having five views in two days and still being the number one thread in the mp forum I don't think it will be answered there. So I am sry I have to double poste it here.

I am planning to have a multiplayer session with some friends next week. We are not sure if the ruler designer is working for all players or just the host. What is the actual state of the ruler designer in multiplayer?

If you're not shy about modifying your save file you could always have you and your players create characters before you all get together. Go into the save file and copy all the important info, NOT the player ID, the other code that gives your character his/her look. Then start the game playing the after choosing where you'd like to play. Save it and go into the file and paste all your unique character DNA code over the code of the person you are playing in the saved world.
Sorry if this sounds confusing. Just a work around that should work if you're desperate to have custom characters from the start.

Now what would be cool to be able to do, would be to have it so that any custom dynasty that is made could have multiple players in it - two custom players starting off as brothers, for example. This isn't currently possible.

This is strange. Do you own the necessary DLC?
Other ways like JonathanOfArc said, you can edit it in the savegame.
Here the link of the trait IDs:
https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Traits
I do own ruler designer and most others. I hosted games for people who don't have ruler designer in the past and it worked but only recently we have had the problem of the ruler designer button being greyed out for players who do not own ruler designer. I did a test with someone who has it and it worked for them.

Only people with the dlc can customize their characters in mp games. Don't know if that's intended or not (probably not but who knows). Also, this was a fairly recent change. Me and a group of friends confirmed that this is the case.

Actually, I'm curious to know if you can customize your character when the host doesn't have the dlc.

Only people with the dlc can customize their characters in mp games. Don't know if that's intended or not (probably not but who knows). Also, this was a fairly recent change. Me and a group of friends confirmed that this is the case.

Actually, I'm curious to know if you can customize your character when the host doesn't have the dlc.
Im do not know because i host the ck2 games in my group.