• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Legion_420_666

Recruit
Jun 22, 2022
Have the ps4 version on my ps5

and Idon't get why the game is censoring system names IE Peudeanus showing as Peude----

It's annoying and there's nothing in game or console settings to turn it off.....

I paid a stack of cash for this game I shouldn't be subjected to censorship playing single player

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:

and Idon't get why the game is censoring system names IE Peudeanus showing as Peude----

It's annoying and there's nothing in game or console settings to turn it off.....

I paid a stack of cash for this game I shouldn't be subjected to censorship playing single player
Yes. It's rather annoying as it seems to censor names that devs put on star systems... after you colonize a planet. I'm almost 50. This game has some weird rules and updates. I still find it enjoyable when everything works and they haven't messed with game mechanics so much. ‍♂️

i think it's because of the games age rating which is pegi 7+/E10+
Even then, it very often censors things it shouldn't due to lazy implementation of probably third party "bad" words filtering tools, very often you see the "Scunthorpe" problem, where the filter sees a bad word in the middle of a word...

Similarly the Elite Dangerous forums used to block the word cockpit, though thankfully don't any more.

All in, it's just annoying and silly :O :D .

• 1Like
Reactions:
This reminds me of playing with the Sol System and colonizing the Uranus Habitat only for it to be called Ur---- Habitat. I pretty much just started adding a second n just to avoid the censor or just change the A to 4

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:

I can’t name my pirates iron monger raiders bc it means 80’s Britt slang for something at least remove censorship on single player