• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

makaramus

Field Marshal
65 Badges
Apr 17, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
I seen nothing but bad things about dlc... I was wondering if thats still the case or its no longer a problem?
I did play game multiple times and terraformed mars a lot of times I don't have much problem for long games but I was wondering whats the case for this dlc

In terms of bugs, majority have been solved and the game is definitely playable. As far as actual content for the dlc, it's definitely improved. I don't think it will ever be listed as players favorite dlc but it can be nice to explore and tie into a playthrough.

The underground is buggy (not all rubble allows itself to be cleared, importing colonists causes crashes, can't import drone fabs) and of limited permanent utility at the moment, unless there's a permanent source of exotic minerals I haven't discovered yet. Everything you do underground requires exotic minerals, including dome upkeep.

The asteroids are fun, but the rocket resource management means you will have to endure micro-management hell because rockets will constantly load/unload the same resources instead of loading what's on the ground near them. It's exacerbated since asteroids normally have a time limit so you need the rockets to load and go, not spend days reloading the same resources between each other.

There's supposed to be a resource prioritization system, but I've tried it six ways to Sunday and no matter how I configure it rockets will poach each other's resources when they are configured explicitly not to, because resource depot rules will even override the rocket resource configuration. A larger annoyance is that rockets will randomly poach drones from your colony instead of using their own drones, or the nearest drone depot. After a dozen asteroid missions you will abruptly notice some of your largest domes are being serviced by 0-2 drones because there's no way to control or prevent this drone poaching (yet the drone depot servicing the rockets will be maxed out on drones...)

Reactions: