• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, it only gets worse without modern treatment. Historically, it has also been inheritable. The Earls of Derby, the de Ferrers family 12th-13th century, had inheritable gout that made some of them unable to walk and they had to be carried around on in litters as they did their noble affairs, slowly killing them. It's quite gruesome.

Reactions:
I cured one of my rulers of Gout, but the treatment made her one-legged. I think that was technically an improvement? Happened after one of those illness treatment events fired.

• 4Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I cured one of my rulers of Gout, but the treatment made her one-legged. I think that was technically an improvement? Happened after one of those illness treatment events fired.
Makes sense as a treatment (no idea if it would work in real life of course).
It is, I cured it by getting my ruler to become temperate and stopped going to feasts.

How did you gain the temperate trait?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just curious, if you lose a limb in combat and have gout, is there a chance that the limb you lost was where the gout was located and you end up losing gout ridden?

Just curious, if you lose a limb in combat and have gout, is there a chance that the limb you lost was where the gout was located and you end up losing gout ridden?
Currently there is no chance of this.

Reactions:
By an event, I cant recall what it was I`m afraid.
You might just have to accept that your ruler is stuck with it for their entire life, it is hard to cure.
Name of the event is "Gout Ridden: Time For Treatment"

It was a random thing; but, I wish they had an option for a ruler to seek the physician's aid for these things every few years. How they do for feasts or other things. Like why else have one if you can't go to or call for them when you need to?

Attachments

• Gaut Ridden Cure Event.PNG
    Gaut Ridden Cure Event.PNG
    822,4 KB · Views: 0