• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also the Paper Kingdom mission is broken. As you can see in this screenshot from another game, I have all 3 northern tribes as vassals but it still doesn't let me do it, probably because I already conquered Macedon

1613668735227.png

Freezes on January first. Ironman, local save.

Thanks for your help
Is this in a new game started under 2.0.1 ? Or from before that?
Also the Paper Kingdom mission is broken. As you can see in this screenshot from another game, I have all 3 northern tribes as vassals but it still doesn't let me do it, probably because I already conquered Macedon

View attachment 682973
If you believe this is a bug, then please make a new thread in the Bug Reports forum on it, thanks. Attach there that screenshot plus a save of the affected campaign, thanks.

I've since seen other reports of this new year crash, it's caused by an antivirus app getting in the way. Add imperator.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.1/paradox launcher.exe to that list.

Good luck!