Interested in how the Devs felt about a Monday release

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

NATOaster

Second Lieutenant
18 Badges
Dec 17, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
As a player I was quite happy with a Monday release; regardless of the content of the release itself, it felt quite reassuring that the devs would have the work-week of live feedback to work with on initial changes and fixes, rather than having to wait a weekend of radio silence in the case of a Thursday release.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Releases have always been on a Tuesday AFAIK for exactly this reason i.e. so that hotfixes can be rolled out if necessary,

:) Personally a big fan of early-week releases; as ye say, let's us action stuff much sooner. It's not a great weekend when you know what you need to fix but see more and more people's first impressions getting wounded by this or that minor bug or balance tweak.

• 12Like
Reactions:
I prefer early-week releases too. For better or worse, things do pass through the cracks of internal QA, external QA and our beta testers, and being able to action them sooner rather than later is a great reassurance for me as a programmer.

• 4Like
Reactions:
@Wokeg, would you share your opinion on why the team did not speak up about the fact that Legends expiring so quickly was due to a bug, and not intended?

From my perspective, that became one of the linchpin examples of why Legends felt underwhelming to some in the community.

The patch notes calls it a bug and not a balance tweak, which is what made me wonder why a Dev would not have jumped into these conversations on the forum to nip it in the bud.

• 6Like
Reactions:
The patch notes calls it a bug and not a balance tweak, which is what made me wonder why a Dev would not have jumped into these conversations on the forum to nip it in the bud.
The way I understand it afterwards, it was a bit of both. It is intended that legends fade, but the define that governs this was not being obeyed as it should. So it was both a bugfix and a balance tweak. I don't know what the fade time is right now, because I was not involved in that fix, but it is to my understanding the design that legends will inevitably fade with time,

• 1Like
Reactions: