• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cr11tian

Recruit
15 Badges
Jan 20, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
Hi! So I am kinda new to this game, I've spent some time learning it and the other day I finally decided to play a serious Ironman game as my favorite country, Romania. All was well, it was 1942ish , I finished the Balkan dominance focus tree a while ago so I had all the Balkans as my puppets except Greece who I directly owned and Turkey controled as they joined comminterm (I was in Axis fighting against Comintern and Allies). I had about 25 to 30% war participation , 800k casualties while killing about 3 million Soviets all by myself.(9 million total between the Axis) I was a world power, with more than 1 million VERY well equipped soldiers and about 170 factories !!! when all of the sudden I get this message that basically tells me that I'm Germany's puppet for some reason now and I could not say no. I lost all my puppets in the Balkans, a lot of factories, I think some equipment for some reason (could be wrong here) and , most importantly, I LOST ALL MY WAR PARTICIPATION ! It just resseted for some reason. Now I only have about 10k in cassualities and killed just a couple of Russians, my war participation is 1% now... The Soviet Union is at about 10% or less to capitulation so I don't think that I'm gonna have the warscore to at least get my core territories Basarabia and Bucovina back from the soviets at the peace deal.
This really sucks as I was enjoying the game a lot till that point , and this was kinda game-breaking for me. I get it that this has happened in real life, but in real life Romania was not a super-power like I was(I had all Balkans, Turkey and South Russia past Stalingrad almost to Moscow occupied) so you should at least put an option to say no to the Germans if you are in a strong position like I was, even if that would mean getting kicked out of the faction or whatever, or if this is going to happen, at least keep my war participation as it would be easier to break free from the Germans after.
I am annoyed by this because I really like playing as Romania but now I find it almost unplayable as fascist knowing that by 1942, if you are in the Axis, you will automatically become Germany's puppet whatever the circumstances.
Thank you for reading and please try to fix this as this game is amazing :)

This forum is for the upcoming HOI board game, not the computer game HOI4.

Please register your games here then post in the HOI4 forum, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.