• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Idle America

Lt. General
54 Badges
May 27, 2013
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Island Bound
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
When the rework for the USA comes along, this should be the first opportunity for divergence. Right now, the player can only shrug and say "Okay, genocide it is", with the closest thing to picking sides being John Ross' protest petition. Even then, that only delays it for two years. All other options are locked behind laws that are next to impossible to pass before the IRA is finished.

There should be two options for the Act, siding with either Jackson or the Supreme Court. The flavor text could even read "...now let him enforce it!" and "...and we shall enforce it!", respectfully. Choosing the latter and succeeding in the mission regarding enforcement could have a number of effects, including simply preventing the removal altogether, reducing the Rural Folk's clout, weakening the the power of the states, or possibly an attempted impeachment.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I pulled off the law shift in 1.0, but that was when I could wipe out slavery by 1840 and use the Intelligensia support of Multiculturalism to ram through the required reforms quickly.

That's not possible now, and while it's mostly for the best (removing slavery without the Civil War in the first years of the game needed to be fixed and Multiculturalism was too easy to obtain) the fact that in the next US game I'll have no option but to sit through the horrors of the IRA is too bad. It really lit a fire under me to get those reforms in, because each alert I got was a reminder of the human cost of me not addressing the cruelties of American settler colonialism.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I pulled off the law shift in 1.0, but that was when I could wipe out slavery by 1840 and use the Intelligensia support of Multiculturalism to ram through the required reforms quickly.

That's not possible now, and while it's mostly for the best (removing slavery without the Civil War in the first years of the game needed to be fixed and Multiculturalism was too easy to obtain) the fact that in the next US game I'll have no option but to sit through the horrors of the IRA is too bad. It really lit a fire under me to get those reforms in, because each alert I got was a reminder of the human cost of me not addressing the cruelties of American settler colonialism.
The US feels unplayable right now; with Calhoun always caning Clay, a Jacksonian Democrat always replacing Clay, Jackson never retiring, and the Evangelists becoming apathetic after Finney resigns or dies, it's pretty much impossible to abolish slavery.

Reactions: