• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A continuation from my last post :
1. Who are you?
Greater Holy Roman Empire (well i'm still italy)
2. What year is it?
1591 or so
3. Have you lost a war you tried to win?
as milan, yes, i'm surrounded by france and austria in my border for godsake
4. Are you one of the richest countries?
no one is richer than me
5. Are you at war?
no, i prefer colonial expansion to south america
6. What is your main concern?
BBB (Big Blob Bohemia).they've taken lots of territory from GH
7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both?
innocent blood must be spilled to form italy
8. Which country are you hating?
BBB
9. Which country are you fearing?
BBB, they have around 180.000, maybe more, i only had half of that and we're technologically even because bohemia is a BLOB
10. Who are your allies?
holland,portugal,castille
my vassals which is also my allies : trebizond, crete, byzantium, and georgia

1. Who are you? The Burgundian Empire

2. What year is it? Around 1580

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Yes, unfortunately. First, France being France and trowing too much soldiers in my direction in early 1400. And for that they are a OPM in Poitou nowadays. Secondly there was this excommunication war that Austria started and brought over half of Europe with it.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? With just about 2,4 times the income of the second

5. Are you at war? Well, Emperor Bavaria wouldn't leave me alone and declared war, dragging half of Europe with it. But this time I'm more prepared.

6. What is your main concern? Dismantling the HRE.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? I guess a little bit of both. Maybe a major war every 20-30 years...

8. Which country are you hating? Great Britain got a severe case of Castille and keeps embargoing me and lifiting the embargo.

9. Which country are you fearing? Well, there is this gigantic Hansa almost conquering the whole Baltic, this enormous Mamlukes which look like historical Ottomans on steroids

10. Who are your allies? My faithful allies are Savoy and Guyenne

1. Who are you? Anglo-French Union

2. What year is it? 1434

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Sorta, went to war with Dauphine not realizing they're a vassal to themselves and only had a few provinces defect intead of the many i could of had from a peace deal

4. Are you one of the richest countries? The richest country

5. Are you at war? Not at the moment

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Bothish, attacking when i feel like it

8. Which country are you hating? Dauphine...freaking vassal of themselves

9. Which country are you fearing? Nobody, all fear me

10. Who are your allies? Castille, Navarra, Luxembourge, Montfort

1. Kingdom of Pommerania

2. It is the Year of Our Lord 1469.

3. Nope. Only White Peaces and Up.

4. Income wise I am third after the Russian Merchant Republic (Novgorod) and my Cosmopolitaine Rivals (France), respectively.

5. Not Currently.

6. Staying Emperor and expanding without losing the electoral votes of Cologne, Mainz, and Trier.

7. Currently Peace is abound in the Kingdom of Pommerania, but wars of expansion have been fought with surrounding kingdoms.

8. Goddamn France, Poland, Austria, and Sweden.

9. The French, Poles, and Austrians are quite powerful and the biggest threat to the Pommeranians. That and entangling alliances.

10. Denmark, Bavaria, Pskov, Ansbach, and Hamburg are the Emperor's Loyal Allies.

1, Holland
2, 1505
3, Once against the ottomans, i lost 10,000 men and then cowered at home until white peace, another time against the Burgundian super power who snatched friesland from me and forced me to release Tyrone in Meath. But i bounced back.
4, 2nd or 3rd, flip flopping with ming. Burgundy is usually 1st.
5, Nope i just finished my second war with scotland and denmark not long ago and i need to burn off some infamy. I have snatched all but one of the formerly english provinces through border disputes, personal union and diplo-annex.
6, I want to form Netherlands but burgundy has all the territory i need. They also have an army 4 times the size of mine, 3 vassal electors in the HRE and no real competitors. In the mean time i am colonizing south africa and i have my eye on ceylon and those gold provinces in Swahili.
7, Attacking a fair bit, always exacting something in a peace deal. Mostly because i can't take the lands i want in the low lands.
8, I hate burgundy but i suppose the countries i have been beating up on most have been scotland, mamluks, denmark, kongo and portugal.
9, Burgundy, nobody else really. The austrians are powerful but far away, the russians could be a problem in the future though. My navy keeps me safe from most enemies. I haven't a clue of how to stop them and they have 80,000 troops on my border all the time. If they force me to give up zeeland i may give up or move to england.
10, They are actually pretty good, and most of them asked me. I have castille, which is large but unstable and still has a relatively small army from when they were ganged up on last. Also whats left of france, which is about a third in the south west. They can muster about 15,000 men it seems. Also the teutonic order who love fighting over gotland. Oldenburg is my vassal.

I'll post the most interesting MP game of mine, Divine Remorse of a Humbled Bohemia.

1. Who are you? The mighty Republic of Oman

2. What year is it? 1650 and something.

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Not really no, i was peaceful before these last years. I got a bit defeated by the South American Portugal (i destroyed 100 crappy ships of theirs, they destroyed 50% of my awesome Wargalleons)

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Third richest country in the world with around 11.000 ducats of yearly income, close to the second but not to the first ( he's Netherlands with 17.000 income)

5. Are you at war? Yep, with my buddy the Ottoman Empire i'm attacking France for his India. I don't really want a lot of territories from them, but i run out of expansion ideas and i need to release the steam somewhere :p

6. What is your main concern? That people will start a gang bang on me, with this war in India the possibility is becoming quite high.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? As i said i was quite peaceful to the players before 1600, however i killed Ming with 28.000 men... Poor guys.

8. Which country are you hating? None, nobody did anything too evil to me... Yet.

9. Which country are you fearing? Portugal and Netherlands, a bit Russia too. Basically the first two have a navy big enough to cripple mine (both have a bigger navy if taken alone but my ports are producing ships 24 hours on 24). Russia wants my China, i can't blame them but for now they're weak since they aren't modernized.

10. Who are your allies?

Ottoman Empire, they have been my allies since i took Oman in the later 1400, i'm also friends with Italy.

If you want to take a look at the world, go in this thread

1. Who are you?
The Knights of St.John, a.k.a. The Knights Hospitaller, or more commonly, The Knights

2. What year is it?
Early 1500s

No, I haven't lost so far. (Heh, I only get into a war if all the other countries are ganging up on that poor chap OR if she has little to no armies left. YES, I'm an opportunistic fella.)

Unfortunately, NO.....but I'm getting there.

5. Are you at war?
With the Zapotecs, because apparently my war freak ally, Spain, wants easy colonies at the Americas....

The defense and survival of my chivalric order....

Peaceful really. I only attack when I'm asked by an ally.

Every other nation that's converting to protestant or reformed....

My ally and friends, namely Spain, Portugal, Austria, the rest of the HRE, and Scotland. (England is down to 3 provinces and France to 4)

10. Who are your allies?
Spain, Portugal, Bohemia, Brandenburg, Scotland, Prussia, Serbia, and the rest of my OPM vassals all over France and Northern Italy.

I am The Byzantine Emperor, the true heir of Rome.

The Lord's year 1503

My nation stands undefeated, it has been close but I have always prevailed.

I would think so, although Portugal and England are surely ahead of me.

A truce with one of the horde countries northwest of the Black Sea just expired, it should be a short affair as I don't actually want any of their lands and don't care for their tribute.

Westernization and the restoration of Rome, southern Italy has already been incorporated. I'm considering going to war with the Mamluks who have gained power in the Middle East after I crushed the Ottomans. Break them up in pieces and reclaim Judea for the true believers.

Pretty agressive really, but I've calmed down lately, I've mainly taken lands when it has been part of a mission, to reclaim cores or "liberating" them from Hordes.

Austria have been a bit of a bitch, but my superior navy has by far easily kept them out of Venice which is my only bordering province. The Hordes are irritating as they will declare war every five years and the Mamluks for powergrabbing in the ME. Bohemia has blobbed to the black sea as well.

Bohemia can be trouble, as I don't doubt they can field a large strong army, I could probably defeat them, but they're likely to have a bunch of allies with them. THey lost the HRE to Bavaria recently though, so they'll prolly not be a problem anymore. England has decided that the Mediterranean is of intrest to them and while my fleet dominates the sea their carracks of doom will shoot anything I have out of the water. Lithuania has also blobbed, but last war proved my armies heavily superior.

My lone ally is Orthodox Tuscany, plus my vassals Serbia, Wallachia and OPMs Georgia, Siena and Modena.

Finished my TO-Pru-Ger-HRE game so on to the next few achievements...

1. Who are you?
Holland

2. What year is it?
late 1480s

No, all wars have been drastically one sided beatings of OPMs for subjugate missions (Brabant, Friesland, Gelre, Hamburg-inherited Holstein), colonials for land grabs (Mali, Songhai, Oyo, Ashantai), or shameless dogpiling (took Antwerpen from Burgundy after an Austro-France alliance crushed them)

Richest I know of, possibly behind an Indian or Chinese nation or two.

5. Are you at war?
Not at the moment, just finished the Burgundy stomping not too long ago.

Forming the Netherlands, getting through the reformation era intact, then will try to get the Master of India achievement

I go where the missions that are completable take me. There have been some wars but mostly outside Europe.

Would have said Burgundy not too long ago but now I can't really say there is one. Castille is busy trying to take Africa while France takes Spain so France may end up being a worry but at the moment I'm pretty happy with most everyone.

France and Austria could be troublesome although I don't really have much need to provoke either of them for my game goals.

10. Who are your allies?
At the moment France is an ally, as is a 3pm Connacht, Portugal has been a friend as well. Vassals are Brabant, Gelre, Hamburg, and Friesland. Just got the mission to incorporate Friesland which will give me the cores to form Netherlands when I complete it.

1. Who are you?
Sweden
2. What year is it?
No
Somewhat, I'm in the top-20, close to the top-10
5. Are you at war?
No
Creatinga Baltic Mare Nostrum
Both, I'm advancing slowly but steadily
Bohemia and Castille, they love to mess with baltic affairs in my game
Bohemia and Castille, for the reason stated above
10. Who are your allies?
Two very volatile alliances with Hungary and Lithuania

1. France
2. About 1470
3. Yes, with burgundy & allies (along with HRE Austria)
4. I am the richest, more than double than, the country after me, and ULM is third. Time to stomp?
5. Not for now, i am going to trade.
6. My main concern is to get monopoly on Ile-de-France - so it is trade tech 15 i need.
7. For now i decided to be peacefull but i make fake wars with crushades targets to get bonuses and wartaxes.
8. None that exists. Maybe except Aachen, that is tech leader.
9. Better tell what countries Fear ME. I fear none - who would fear HRE bohemia, that has lower armies than me?
10. For now, Hainaut my last vassal, all other i lost due to i called them to war, and they lost, and had to dissolve all treaties with me. But i won the war, so who cares about few minors i forced others to free? Oh and there is silesia, but they don't count - i mean what they can do against anyone?

1. Austria
3.yeah I lost one to Burgundy it was a claim on the thrown and they swept through my French ally way too quickly while I had troops committed on another front in Turkey.
4.yes by far. I think my income is around 3500 p/a the next is on about 1700
5.no
6.need to get Great Britain in a PU before they start colonizing too far.
7.I'm attempting a WC so yeah I'm just waiting for the truces to be over
8.Persia. The Timurids collapsed really early and Persia emerged from them and started colonizing all the Hordes. It's kind of good because I hate colonizing hordes but on the other hand they're huge and it'll cost me a lot of infamy.
9.no one really. Rebels and stability are killing me other than that great britain could be a pain in the arse but aren't at the moment. no one could defeat me in a fight
10. PU's with France, Spain, Portugal, Aragon + a load of vassals.

1. Who are you?

Serenissima Repubblica di Venezia

2. What year is it?

1415 (in MEIOU)

No, but I've conceded defeat a few times.

Yes, number one in income.

5. Are you at war?

No, but I plan to be soon.

Colonize the Americas, conquer Italy, destroy the HRE, monopolize the world trade and be tech leader.

Both, attacking those that can grant me more power and forming good relations with the other to the benefit of my trade league.

Austria, which I will attack next.

France and Hungary.

10. Who are your allies?

My vassals and countries I've released in war treaties.

Note that this is a Death and Taxes Multiplayer game with 3 bros.

1. Who are you?
Italy (Formed it as Naples)

2. What year is it?

Yes, several.

2nd richest. Production is really good, but trade really lacking. Netherlands (One of my friends playing it) is richest with his insane trade and colonial empire

5. Are you at war?

No, that might change very soon though.

Keeping Germany from being formed. Prussia (formerly known as Brandenburg) and Bavaria, who are also both played by my friends, have been fighting over it for the entire game. It was easy at first, just financing the weaker side and keep them both balanced, but Prussia is waaaay to strong for Bavaria to handle now so I'm allied to Bavaria and keeping Prussia from ripping him apart.

Currently I'm being very aggressive and expansive, before that however I was very peaceful for about 50 years. Before that I was conquering Italy ;p.

Any country that isn't Italy except Bavaria, as long as he doesn't become more powerful than I am.

Prussia and Russia, who are allied to eachother and have about 600k troops together (I'm still superior navy wise though). Iberia (Formerly known as Portugal before inheriting Spain. They also inherited Scandinavia, those cheeky bastards) Is really tough navy-wise as well, but lacks the army to take me down. France is a potential threat if Netherlands and its big navy helps out, they are allied with each other.

10. Who are your allies?

Bavaria, Switzerland (vassal), Avignon (vassal) and Croatia (vassal).

I have to say, it's been one of my funnest campaigns to play so far.

1. Who are you?
Started as Aragon, formed Spain when I inherited Castille and Portugal at the same time

2. What year is it?
Somewhere in the 1770's

Not that I remember. The early years as Aragon where very difficult...

Yes, I have conquered/colonized/inherited all of Africa and the Americas

5. Are you at war?
I'm currently in a regency council. When the regency end in 12 years or so, I'm hoping to inherit the rest of my PU's (especially Bourbonnais and Normandy, which are the only colonial powers apart from myself, and Burgundy; other PU's are Mainz and Venice). Therefore I'm getting my infamy to 0 and increasing the relations with other countries

I wanted to make a landbridge from Spain to my African and Middle Eastern provinces, so that they won't be "distant overseas" any more.
To do that, I need to inherit Burgundy and Bourbonnais (who owns most of non-Burgundy France), and than conquer a number of Austrian provinces in the Balkan

Curently I'm being peacefull to increase my chance of inheriting, but I have used the Imperialism CB to conquer parts of Africa and the eastern Mediterranean coast. After I inherit, I'm planning to attack Austria
I have also conquered Bohemia, Milan, Lubeck, Napels, Bosnia, and a couple other smaller countries that where annoying me at a certain point ;)
I have inherited Castille, Spain and Hungary. All PU's were formed using "fabricate claims"

Bohemia! I was planning to become HRE, so I had PU'd or vassalized 6 out of 7 electors. I was just waiting for the impeial crown to pass to me, when Bohemia enacted the reform that makes the HRE heridatary :( Apparently in HttT, it is not possible to make the emperor revoke reforms. Therefore, I decided to disband the HRE. But apparently this wasn't possible either. The only thing I could do was annex Bohemia. Then the HRE buttons disappeared from the GUI, but somehow due to a bug, the game now thinks that "the Rebels" are Emperor, and I still get the 25 relation points hit when I declare war on a HRE-member

I am still a bit behind in tech, but I managed to catch up with Austria, so I'm no longer afraid of them...

10. Who are your allies?
PU's: Bourbonnais (most of South and West Franc), Normandy, Burgundy, Mainz, Venice
Vassals: Scotland and the other former electors (Liege, Brandenburg, Silesia, ...)
Other: Ireland

1. Who are you?

Oldenbuuurg! (Playing D&T btw)

2. What year is it?

Ca 1435.

Haven't been in any wars yet, fortunately.

Far from it. Just when I started to get some trade going, I got "smugglers running rampant" event, and couldn't afford to stop them. :(

5. Are you at war?

No, see #3.

A. Unless I'll be silly lucky with slider events, it will take me at least another century to have my statelet fully geared towards my goal: Total domination of the Americas and the Caribbean. Sliders to the left where I don't want them to the left, sliders to the right where I don't want them to the right...

B. To get the colonisation stepping stones for myself, to prevent other European countries reaching America too early (This is looking quite good, Portugal was eradicated from the map by FRA and CAS, and no one of the usual colonial suspects has so far picked QftNW. I have colonies in the Canaries and Madeira atm).

See #1. It's easy to sit quiet with a land force limit of...3.

None (yet).

Every country that can locate Oldenburg on the world map.

10. Who are your allies?

The powerful Friesland. :rofl:

Last edited:
1. Who are you?
The Mamelukes

2. What year is it?

No

Iam the richest, have been for a long time!

5. Are you at war?
Nope, just finished cleaning borders

Austria and France both DoWing at the same time as i can't fight on two fronts

Generally peaceful, building economy, colonizing worthless saharan provinces and making the arabian peninsula the ricest land around. Of cource it was vital to take a few colonies here and there though.
Austria, for destroying any semblance of coherent nations on the european map and wrecking my good ally OE.

None, only fearing that france invades Java and Ceylon

10. Who are your allies?
Ottoman empire, that was too busy conquering the russian steppes to bother with me in the early game.
Could have conquered them but keept their mangled remains left as a buffer aginst Austria, and the rest of Europe

Update on earlier post.

1. Who are you?
England

2. What year is it?

A couple, though I would never give up land. England now owns GB+Ireland, almost all of France, Northern Germany, Castille, most of northern and central Italy, Northern Africa from Tangiers to Tunisia, the majority of Brazil and the Caribbean, and every province touching Damascus.

By a factor of 5+ compared to number 2 Bohemia on the list. I was trying to expand to make Andalucian and Hannoverian as accepted cultures but grew too large for either one to hit the percentage. So I forced Castille Milan and a handful of German provinces into personal unions. Castillian, Cosmopolitaine, and English are the only accepted cultures after all that though.

5. Are you at war?
No. After all those conquests, I decided to try and make my entire empire Protestant, and mostly succeeded (3 provinces left). However, I am facing some serious internal problems so I am going to delay expansion until I fix my realm. I have infamy to burn off (now at 24 out of 30 more or less) before I decide to expand again. Thankfully nobody wants to start a fight so far.

Raise stability and reduce infamy. For some reason my Empire has decided to start falling apart. Rebels everywhere, and my entire military is currently applied to internal unrest. Must be a high infamy/negative stability thing.

Unfortunately no more war until I can consolidate my empire and work down some infamy.

Bohemia, and secondly Austria and the Ottomans. Austria and Bohemia both blobbed east into Horde lands and are the two largest nations on my Central European borders. Ottomans are right under them and at my Syrian border.

The three nations from #8. I am still falling behind in tech, even though I make more money than all 3 combined.

10. Who are your allies?
Only my 10 or so protestant vassals. I was working to make Europe more protestant but didn't get far before my nation started falling apart internally.

Last edited:
1. Who are you? I am Morocco

2. What year is it? Around 1430

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Not "lost", but I had to WP in my war to try and nab a province from Castille when they attacked Granada.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Yes, thanks to my excellent trade slider.

5. Are you at war? Yes, I conquered my war-targets (Sicily and Naples) but their allies (Austria and other land nations) fight on uselessly without any way to challenge my navy.

6. What is your main concern? The fact that the Christian naval powers (England, Castille, Portugal and Venice) are all allied with at least one of the others, and their ability to attack my vulnerable Mediterranean holdings, and my inevitable decline technologically.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? I am trying to jihad as much as possible, but I need to watch my infamy if I want to trade, which is vital.

8. Which country are you hating? England, for having the only navy with more Carracks than me, and being DoF.

9. Which country are you fearing? Castille, as they are the country capable of seriously invading the Moroccan homeland.

10. Who are your allies? No-one, but I'm trying to get the Ottomans on board, as they are currently blazing into Hungary as I am trying to into Italy, and we could be very good Allies against Castille and the HRE.

I'm so clever, using the quote system. :p

1. Who are you? Naples

2. What year is it? 1435

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Somehow i havent.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? No

5. Are you at war? No

6. What is your main concern? Defeating Tuscany to form Italy, Cant though because Milan, Venice, Hungary and Aragon are protecting them.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Attacking, trying to form Italy.

8. Which country are you hating? Milan

9. Which country are you fearing? Hungary

10. Who are your allies? Nobody