• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kujiro

Corporal
Sep 26, 2009
I started improving the tech teams of the Spanish Kingdom which exists in the 1914 scenario. The first impression when playing is that they are all messed up (still credit to the people who actually tried to improve things).

After much digging I present you my suggestions. Sources can be found in the end of the post, also if any info is needed will provide it. I'll paste the info directly from the file as the teams are quite many.
Sociedad Anonima Cros - Skill - 4 1904-1973 chemistry, management, industrial_engineering
Good industrial and engineering team. Much info about the founder Amadeo Cros, who started his business with fertilizers. Sources HERE, HERE and HERE.
Escuela Tecnica Superior de Ingenieros Industriales - Skill - 3 1907-1971 mechanics, industrial_engineering, chemistry, electronics
Good for industrial engineering, management and so on. Specialized in chemistry, electricity and mechanics.
Info HERE.
Leonardo Torres Quevedo - Skill - 5 1900-1930 mathematics, electronics, mechanics
Leading Spanish mathematician and engineer. Info HERE.
Esperanza y Unceta - Skill - 3 1908-1926 artillery, general_equipment
Small-arms manufacturing company. Famous for its Astra guns. Info HERE.
Fabrica de Armas de Turbia - Skill - 4 1890-1933 mechanics, artillery, general_equipment, technical_efficiency
One of the first tank manufacturers in Spain. Note that until 1933 they weren't producing vehicles or tanks. After 1933 the team gets and upgrade. Info HERE and HERE.
Fabrica de Armas de Oviedo - Skill - 4 1900-1970 artillery, general_equipment, munitions, mechanics
Another artillery/infantry team. Although I tried not to decide but rather to include everything that existed in the period which could have significant impact on the country's development Spain was the land of weapons manufacturers then so I decided to leave another such team. Info HERE.
Academia de Ingenieros de Guadalajara - Skill - 4 1900-1932 training, general_equipment, mechanics
Engineer academy. Info HERE and HERE.
Santiago Ramon y Cajal - Skill - 5 1900-1932 medicine
Famous Spanish pathologist, histologist, neuroscientist, and Nobel laureate. Info HERE.
Hispano-Suiza - Skill - 5 1904-1918 aeronautics, technical_efficiency, mechanics
Note that Hispano-Suiza made aircraft engines during WW1. Later the team gets upgraded to vehicle production. Info HERE.
Juan de la Cierva - Skill - 5 1912-1937 aircraft_testing, aeronautics, technical_efficiency
Pilot, civil engineer and aeronautics pioneer. Info HERE.
Sociedad Espanola de Construccion Naval - Skill - 5 1907 1936 naval_engineering, naval_artillery, technical_efficiency
Good old SECN - a major shipbuilding facility. The team gets upgraded later. Info HERE.
Echevarrieta y Larrinaga - Skill - 4 1917-1952 naval_engineering, technical_efficiency, submarine_design
Submarine building facility. Info HERE and about the founder HERE.
Academia de Infanteria de Toledo - Skill - 4 1901-1931 centralized_execution, training, infantry_focus, maneuver_tactics
The name is pretty self-explanatory. Info HERE. Other source HERE.
Escuela Naval Militar - Skill - 5 1913-1943 naval_training, seamanship, centralized_execution
Same here. This team represents the naval academy period in Cadiz 1913 - 1943 . Info HERE.
Jose Maria Chacon y Pery - Skill - 4 1900-1922 large_taskforce_tactics, small_taskforce_tactics, decentralized_executio
Naval commander. Info HERE.
Infanteria de Marina - Skill - 3 1900-1931 marine_training, general_equipment
One of the oldest marine corps in the world. Later gets upgraded and exist in the republican period.
Info HERE.
Mateo Garcia de los Reyes - Skill - 3 1900-1929 submarine_tactics, small_taskforce_tactics, decentralized_execution
Submarine doctrines. Info HERE.
Escuela Catalana de Aviacion - Skill - 3 1916-1932 piloting, fighter_tactics, bomber_tactics, training
One of the first flying schools in Spain. Info HERE, HERE and HERE.
Pedro Vives Vich - Skill - 5 1904-1922 piloting, aeronautics, training
Founder of the Spanish military aviation. Info HERE.
Base Aerea de Cuatro Vientos - Skill - 3 1911-1933 piloting, training, individual_courage, aircraft_testing
One of the first airfields and aviation training centers in Spain. Info HERE.
Alfredo Kindean Duany - Skill - 4 1911-1931 fighter_tactics, bomber_tactics, piloting, aeronautics
One of the founders of the Spanish air-force. Info HERE.
Pics and files coming very soon.
I think those are enough for Spain. The tech file also contains the teams of Francoist Spain so I'll do them later as many of them are going to be upgraded. Techs for the Spanish Republic are on a separate file.

Upvote 0
Great!

I suggest you also add events for all the changes the Prime Ministers of Spain during WWI .:
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/España_en_la_Primera_Guerra_Mundial#Neutralidad_espa.C3.B1ola

In 1917 there was a "crisis of the Spanish" during the Spanish situation has worsened due to the economic difficulties. It can add an event?

Spain remained neutral throughout World War I, but favored the Central Powers. I think you might add event truce if Spain joined the war against Germany:
Germany wins with France:
Spain turns to his country of its former territories - Oran and Perpignan
Germany losing the war:
Spain lost to the British Bata and Morocco.

Photos:
Spain infantry 1870,1897,1907...

Spanish_defenders_of_Guayama.jpg

(Puerto Rican and Spanish troops, Puerto Rican Campaign 1898)

Cavalry:

SM0_1-E-9787.jpg

(Spain cavalry, Morocco, 1925)

And militias:

Sargentos_de_regulares_1914.png

(Regulares, 1914)

I can't add events with the exception of grammar corrections ad small things which I reverse engineered like dissent slides or manpower changes with an already made event.
Please note that I will add the files containing the teams for Kingdom of Spain in 1914 after I do the Francoist Spain teams and pics as they are on the same file and I don't wan't to mess things even more. So, I'll do Denmark and Greece very soon and then will resume my work on Francoist Spain.
I won't forget.