Imperator - Development Diary - 29th April 2019

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Certainly the right direction. What is going to be done with the culture blobbing? AE no threat because you assimilate every thing so fast.

assimilation will be slower.

Lol, chill. I'm actually one of the people who like the game and somewhat defend it. I didn't meant it in mocking or negative way even if it may looked like that, perhaps I worded it wrongly, I just thought it was interesting.
I'm sorry, mate. I'm just so done with the negativity, hate, prejudice and all that terrible stuff in gaming these days. I shouldn't have so harsh with you when so many people have been far, far worse.

hey @Johan ,
good changes so far i read, but i have a question about modding:

i created a simple graphical change, the Black Marble UI mod.
this contains only gfx and gui files. but its changing the game Checksum!
that is confusing me, why is it needed to everyone to have the same UI change?
look like Stellaris, we have there a Klingon UI, a Federation UI, a Borg UI... in the same mp.

furthermore is the launcher with uploading mods a bit buggy, also it seems that not everyone get the mod from steam to the launcher modlist after subscribing.

greetings

p.s. i wait for this game since ck2 was released, no mod even reached the atmosphere of the ancient like Imperator Rome, well done ;)

“Alexander IV Argead”

:(

cassander.png

This all sounds lovely. I'm particularly happy with the stability changes. How will the -2 stability hit for Show Supremacy CBs be affected by this?

stability = 25
aggressive_expansion = 5
war_exhaustion = 2

[QUOTE="cristofolmc, post: 25402194, member: 136603", this is a dev diary on balance changes, and new features such as character interactions, characters power base, naval rework and such, will be explained in other dev diaries right?[/QUOTE]

yes

Thanks. Hopefully the tech nerf isn't too bad as it's the primary benefit to playing tall.

In terms of optimisation, I will be grateful if you can at least make the lower visual setting workable for a low-end pc! I have to refund because my Surface couldn't handle the game, but I haven't lost all my hope yet.

stability = 25
aggressive_expansion = 5
war_exhaustion = 2
So from full stability, you can have two Supremacy wars before you're back to "baseline" versus one and a half now (where the second takes you to -1 currently unless you stab a pig). That's a nice change.

Someone suggested that Culture conversion (and and maybe Religion conversion too) should be strongly tied to Civilization level, and I agree with that.

The more civilized and developed a culture is, the harder they should be to force out of their customs. On the other side peoples with low civilization should be more easily swayed into new customs, especially by high civilization overlords.

There's a reason if in history "barbarian" conquerors frequently adopted the culture of the people they conquered, while people with a long history of civilization kept their culture even under foreign occupation.