Imperator - Development Diary - 13th of May 2019

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For example, they could design a system where a republican nation gets two rulers and you get mana from the best stats between them, or one in which you can compensate for your heir’s bad stat in a monarchy by marrying them to a spouse who is good at that.
Exactly! Having a good wife is already important in CK2. I don't see why they didn't do that here. Overall, the whole mana system needs a rethink, which is why I'm a little disappointed that they simply want to add more and more features without addressing the core. It's not fun to sit around for 50 years because your leader is a lunatic, imbecile (regardless of historical accuracy).

At least this game is getting love after a poor ;launch reception, I am happy it will not be abandoned like March of the Eagles was.

Need to fix the modding issue because A lot of people really want to use mods, and I AM REALLY UPSET WITH PARADOX FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO DO THINGS WITH THE ADD MODS FROM STEAM WORKSHOP LIKE ON CK2!!!!!:mad:

Need to fix the modding issue because A lot of people really want to use mods, and I AM REALLY UPSET WITH PARADOX FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO DO THINGS WITH THE ADD MODS FROM STEAM WORKSHOP LIKE ON CK2!!!!!:mad:

?? I can use mods fine from steam workshop?

Have you moved your documents folder to another drive? If so, it could be this bug:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...s-mods-to-wrong-folder.1173187/#post-25414727

See the comments there for a temporary fix. Paradox is aware of it and it's listed in their bug database. Hopefully it'll get fixed in 1.1.

Co-Ruler/Dual-Rulers
In the Pompey patch (v1.1), Aristocratic Republics will have Consuls & Co-Consuls. When elected, the one with highest support becomes Consul, and the one with the second highest number of votes becomes Co-Consul. This often means that they come from two different parties.

When it comes to power generation, the stats of the Consul with the highest attribute will be used, giving a nice benefit to the country.

The loyalty of those of the same party as the Co-Consul gets a positive impact if he is loyal, and negative impact if he is disloyal. We simulate the friction between the two consuls by the loyalty of the co-consul. Also, if the Co-Consul gets low loyalty, the power costs increase by up to 25%.

The Co-Consus gain popularity by the same factor as the first consul gains popularity, and the ruler popularity that other characters look at is the average of both Consuls.

Any ruling trait that a Co-Consul has will also be added to the country.

That seems interesting. How modable would that be ? Specifically would it be possible to adapt that system to a triumvirate ? I'm asking because I remember reading somewhere that Massalia was ruled by a Triumvirate and I'm wondering if it could be adapted somehow.

Last edited:
so when we expert this because i dearly need this for my rome play speaking about when will you be able to arrange marriages for the republic families because i really to prevend the dying out of roman cognomen or small families like the Junii Julii and others

Can you play MP in Imperator as the same nation? How would you feel being able to role play each high post in a republic government and have your own agenda?