I'm having an unusual error with the Paradox Launcher

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ardent_Debater

Recruit
14 Badges
Feb 19, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
Every time I've started the launcher today, I get the "Saving mod load order failed. Please verify the launcher has access to your Documents folder." error and I'm not sure how to verify the launcher's access or how to handle it, since the mods I've already installed work fine and are still working but I'm not able to install any new mods despite being subscribed to them. I've already deleted and reinstalled the launcher, and made it an exclusion to the default Windows Security, and I'm at a loss for what else I could possibly do. I'd appreciate any help or insight that you guys can give, thank you for reading this.

Reactions:
Please try the following:

- unsubscribe from all mods
- delete the folder Documents/paradox/Stellaris/mod/
- delete the file Documents/paradox/Stellaris/mods_registry.json
- delete the file Documents/paradox/Stellaris/launcher-v2.sqlite

Add Stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list. You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.1/paradox launcher.exe to that list.

- subscribe to a few mods
- run the game up and see if those mods are now available to you.

I hope that does it for you!

Please try the following:

- unsubscribe from all mods
- delete the folder Documents/paradox/Stellaris/mod/
- delete the file Documents/paradox/Stellaris/mods_registry.json
- delete the file Documents/paradox/Stellaris/launcher-v2.sqlite

Add Stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list. You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.1/paradox launcher.exe to that list.

- subscribe to a few mods
- run the game up and see if those mods are now available to you.

I hope that does it for you!
I had the same problem, the only thing that worked for me was deleting the "launcher-v2.sqlite"
Thank you very much, you helped me fix the problem I was having and now I'm able to use the mods I was using again. I never would've been able to figure this out on my own, I can't thank you enough!

• 1Like
Reactions: