• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
We need to find someone who is able and willing to make a setup utility for IGC2, just like in the original IGC. :)

But for now, let's discuss what options should be included in such a utility. I propose these:

Fantasy:

Vinland Fantasy Scenario (A project me, Languish, and Havard, among others have worked on, which is quite mature enough to be included.)

An alien scenario (perhaps the one MKJ is working on.)

A Pirates scenario of some kind.

United States 1419 (The U.S.A. exists as a playable nation in 1419.)

Independant Wales

United Eire

Perhaps a United Byzantium

Events:

We can have an option to use the EEP events, or the default Paradox events, or perhaps IGC specific events.

We do need an option for the placement of COTs.

That's all I can think of. Feel free to criticize my suggestions, or add your own. :)

I'm not so sure about starting with a united Byzantium... after all, one of the fun things about playing Byzantium is rebuilding the empire, and it wouldn't be as fun and accomplishing to simply toggle a switch and get it all instantly... at least, that's my opinion.:)

If the Imperium Franconium forum is interested, one might even suggest an earlier startdate? Start with Pepin, and end with Napoleon.

One of the great features of Europa Universalis (besides this community and the game itself) is the freedom to modify, add and subtract a lot of stuff. Unlimited time from 751 (?) to 1819... that'd be a challenge.

And one hell of an AAR :eek:

:)

Problem with playing the IFU scenario pre 1419, is that a lot of the modern nations/situations can't be re-created as I understand it, due to massive editing of files/religion/events/tags/etc.

Anyhow, I think we all agree that: More options=more fun for all.

Have an option to include certain events, be it eep (historic/fantasy), standard events, or special igc2 events, fantasy settings, etc etc.

IMO, I dont quite like how the EU2 community is growing right now, with the EEP being frowned upon it seems, and people doing work in all directions. Why not bring all the good ideas together? And I think IGC2 is just the perfect place to do so!

Originally posted by Captain Krunch
Fantasy:

Vinland Fantasy Scenario (A project me, Languish, and Havard, among others have worked on, which is quite mature enough to be included.)

As it has been worked, it should be right.

An alien scenario (perhaps the one MKJ is working on.)

I don't like the idea of wasting some tags with something so unhistorical.

A Pirates scenario of some kind.

Who would like to play a band of drunk men who will only manage fleets.

United States 1419 (The U.S.A. exists as a playable nation in 1419.)

isn't Vinland something like this??

Independant Wales

Go Wales!! GO!!

United Eire

Is a possibility.

Perhaps a United Byzantium

Too boring :p, too unbalanced.

Events:

We can have an option to use the EEP events, or the default Paradox events, or perhaps IGC specific events.

Is an option.

We do need an option for the placement of COTs.

No doubt about this.