If not using native resolution, image looks fuzzy and compressed.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eonex

Sergeant
16 Badges
Mar 19, 2017
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
Good evening, everyone, it's a long time since I have this issue, and I feel that is time to report it. I played DH constantly in my 1600x900 monitor, and I never complained, since it's a good resolution. But since some time I've been having problems spotting and reading things, and my eyes sore quickly. So I decided to lower the resolution.

But if I attempt to play in a resolution different from my native one, the image looks fuzzy or compressed, and it's even worse than playing in the native resolution, and due to that I stopped playing, but I really like the game, so I'd like to get a solution, because this only happens in my computer, in my parents PC or a friend's I can not notice a big diference.

https://imgur.com/a/ghwrybX (The pics are here)

I suspect that it's either the monitor or my graphics card, since I use a Nvidia GTX 970.

Thanks a lot and if you need further explaination, ask me, there's so many mods that I still haven't tried yet due to this.

Your images are what you should expect from shifting a 4:3 full screen program resolution on a 16:9 monitor. Try 1280 x 720 which is 80% of your monitor's preferred value. I rather like the skewed look for some reason plus no need to refresh map in the other window tabs.

Last edited: