If I want to remove Mega Shipyard, will a blank 11_mega_shipyard.txt file work?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

spilo1

Recruit
13 Badges
Nov 22, 2020
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
I want to prevent megastructures from spawning or being buildable, Habitats included.

Will creating a mod with blank forms for each file in Stellaris>Common>Megastructures suffice?

Work, probably, but it will definitely cause errors and could cause crashes. To do it cleanly, start by changing every possible block to include "always = no", then find all references in common/solar_system_initializers and change max_instances (or spawn_chance) to 0, then, not sure if there are any events that spawn some, but check the whole events folder and if you find any, in the trigger block put always = no. And the whole time, be sure you're overwriting correctly so you only break what you want to break. Good luck!

• 1Like
Reactions:
NGL, that's intimidating and I'd rather avoid doing that.
So I got another idea; change the factors in common>technology>00_megastructures.txt to 0. That suggests the AI won't be compelled to build them, and I personally won't build them, effectively removing their usage from the game.