• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You can't as a Non-aligned country, World Tension would be far too low.

If you change your ideology to fascist or communist then you could justify a claim against Lithuania. You would never be able to both in one year.

The Soviets won't like it, Germany may not either, since you will be taking Memel.

You won't break the game. You will create an interesting alternative history. WW2 might start by the German demand "Memel or War" or the Soviets "Pack your bags and get the hell out of our backyard"

Reactions:
You can't as a Non-aligned country, World Tension would be far too low.

If you change your ideology to fascist or communist then you could justify a claim against Lithuania. You would never be able to both in one year.

"

I am not sure but isnt Poland has autoritarian regime in the beginning of the game? If so I think it would be possible to declare war on another country. Still I could be wrong.

Reactions:
An authoritarian, imperialist regime with no elections counts as a democracy because it was on the allies (Poland) while an authoritarian, imperialist regime with elections counts as fascist regime because it wasn't (Japan)?

The political oversimplification produces some pretty funny cases.

Reactions:
An authoritarian, imperialist regime with no elections counts as a democracy because it was on the allies (Poland) while an authoritarian, imperialist regime with elections counts as fascist regime because it wasn't (Japan)?

Is there a way to modify this IG?

Well, the terms "democratic" "communist" and "fascist" are simply labels in the game to denote overall styles of rule, without actually having anything to do with the meaning of the terms themselves. So of course that is a bit of a problem!

I mean, nations in the game have to be made "democratic" if they are going to be on the allies "historically," as democracies are only likely to play nice with other democracies and doing so is their largest strength. If Poland was re-labeled as "fascist," joining the allies would be harder, Germany would be far easier to placate or ally with, etc etc.

Though you make a very good point here. Perhaps this is the sort of thing a proper expansion could expand on in the future - something that adds a bit more depth to diplomatic options and granularity between different ideologies.

Reactions:
In HOI3 if I recall (and do correct me) Poland was a Social Democratic state where I remember being able to war Lithuania if I got their threat high enough relative to mine (easy enough with all the buffs related to Germany threatening me) What happened to that?